6 music

What's Hot
Thank you to the fella who drove his car into mine in Tesco car park. Now I have a courtesy car with a digital radio

And I am loving 6 music - odvs Radcliffe and Marcoinie (?) are top quality but there is a massive array of good programming on there.... lots of depth..... in the New York stuff has been excellent....

Gutted when I have to give the car back! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's my go to station throughout the day in the car. Occasionally I'll get on planet rock but the adverts piss me off so I invariably switch back. Sean Keavney in the mornings is quite entertaining too

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Conversely I feel like the large majority of their music choice is utter bollocks and I dont really like any of the presenters. You do occasionally get some good stuff bit I find it a bit like a load of dads trying to stay relevant and failing miserably.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Really like 6 music.

Particularly like the Giles Peterson and Craig Charles shows. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Only station I listen to. I've been on the RadMac show! I like Lauren Laverne's show too and Tom Robinson's listener playlist show throws up some good stuff.
    Mary Anne Hobbs is dreary though.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    My radio dial (OK, presets) has been on a bit of a journey;

from
    2;  but the balance between easy listening to OK tunes and objectionable DJs has tipped too far towards the latter

to
    4:  but it seems to have become very very PC nowadays to the extent that news and comedy is more about making the PC point

and then on to 
    6:  is where the dial is at now 

I'm hoping radio 8 gets launched soon, for my motorway journeys ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 2 is ok sometimes...but I strongly object to Elaine Page. Has the charisma of a beige wall with dry rot! Mrs Returns, sadly, is a fan. Musicals plus a valium presenter = ruined Sundays

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    but I strongly object to Elaine Page. 
    Share that one.

There seems to be a whole bunch of r2 DJs who have done something else in the entertainment industry, and then migrated to DJ'ing with little real aptitude for being a DJ.  

Just looking at the schedule now;  Michael Ball, Elaine Page, Paul O'Grady, Claudia (Winkleman, I presume), Clare Teal,  Graham Norton, Zoe Ball, Liza Tarbuck, Anneka Rice ...

Just no.  They're not DJs, any of them.

I reserve a special NO for Jeremy Vine.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Possibly the topic for another thread but my desert island radio station would be 6 music. I think it's got the broadest selection of music, inc challengin stuff I'd never hear anywhere else (esp Cerys Matthews). Plus Shaun Keveny makes me laugh out loud every morning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Gideon Coe and Marc Riley play some really good stuff. An hour or two of their shows will get me enough new stuff to check out on Spotify for a week. Cerys plays some interesting stuff. I can't stand the voice of Mary Ann Hobbs, but I do think she plays some OK stuff. 

I actually like Steve Lamaq as although he doesn't play anything revolutionary, at least he's sincere about what he does. He still goes to loads of gigs and has never forgot what it's like to be young and into bands. Some of the guest presenters they have on Sundays are also good. 

Heuy Morgan used to be good, but he's turned into a major bellend in the last few years (events that happened last chuffin week will be 'back in the day')

Let's be honest, the BBC Radio was a national disgrace with regard to contemporary music until 6 Music came along, We have one of the richest musical legacies and none of it was ever played on the radio. It's not all prefect, but there is enough good stuff on it to make it very worthwhile. 

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    It’s the only station I listen to at home. My aging car doesn’t have DAB though...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Iamnobody said:
    It’s the only station I listen to at home. My aging car doesn’t have DAB though...
    It has become quite straightforward I understand to fit an existing stereo with the ability to get DAB, through the aux socket.

Not sure at all how they get the aerial connection though.

It's in all the Halfords ads.  I LOVE DAB and rarely listen to any stations that are on FM any more, so if I had a car that didn't have it I'd get it fitted ASAP. 
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    edited February 2018
    If you don't have DAB in your cars then use the iPlayer Radio app on your phone and connect via aux in/bluetooth/fm transmitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    edited February 2018
    Love BBC6 Music - Shaun Keavney’s breakfast show is my ‘go to’ option when ‘Today’ starts to piss me off on the daily commute - and I love Radcliffe & Maconie.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I can't listen to any music stations because they simply don't play enough music that I actually like.

Radio 4's OK but the Archers and some of the plays and things wind me up, so it's 5 Live for me.  Loads of sport, which is always tolerable... the daytime and late night programmes sometimes get tiresome with things like Brexit debates, but there's always the off button.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    edited February 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    It has become quite straightforward I understand to fit an existing stereo with the ability to get DAB, through the aux socket.

Not sure at all how they get the aerial connection though.

It's in all the Halfords ads.  I LOVE DAB and rarely listen to any stations that are on FM any more, so if I had a car that didn't have it I'd get it fitted ASAP. 
    Cheers for the info - I’m getting a new motor next month with DAB. Otherwise I’d look into the options. 

That said - in the car I do like to listen to my local radio in FM it’s largely discussions and phone ins.

Today was dilemma day...

’Doug’ has found his wife of 16 years stash of dildos in a cupboard. Doug is now wondering if he’s satisfying his wife as she’s kept them secret fron him.

What should he do?!

It starts around 9 mins in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05w133b
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Yip, pretty much constantly on in the background for me - has been for years. Just wish they would boot the fun lovin criminal geezer as he is a massive twat in every way. I find Guy Garvey irritating too.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Iamnobody said:

Today was dilemma day...

’Doug’ has found his wife of 16 years stash of dildos in a cupboard. Doug is now wondering if he’s satisfying his wife as she’s kept them secret fron him.

What should he do?!

It starts around 9 mins in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05w133b
    For what it's worth, I think Doug just solved the old Xmas present dilemma early this year!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    TTony said:
    My radio dial (OK, presets) has been on a bit of a journey;

from
    2;  but the balance between easy listening to OK tunes and objectionable DJs has tipped too far towards the latter

to
    4:  but it seems to have become very very PC nowadays to the extent that news and comedy is more about making the PC point

and then on to 
    6:  is where the dial is at now 

I'm hoping radio 8 gets launched soon, for my motorway journeys ...
    This is the whole of the bbc in general, every single story on thats not immediate news of something happening is what is the angle from women or transgender, they seem to have 90% of staff employed to look for positive stories about minority groups from what I can see.

Listening wise 2, 4 and 6 like most of the people on here seemingly.   Unless my 13 year old daughter is in the car then capital is on which has the most annoyingly positive and upbeat presenters ever...