Something to raise height of combo amp

What's Hot

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    This does remind me of a few lessons I had way back in the late 80’s actually. My teacher played through his Dual Showman, which sounded utterly sublime. At the other end of the spectrum he gave me a Peavey Rage to play through, which sounded less than sublime.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Put the learner's amp on the floor?

Tilt your amp back against the wall? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Literally anything that is stable and can support the weight of your amp.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72231
    simonk said:
    This does remind me of a few lessons I had way back in the late 80’s actually. My teacher played through his Dual Showman, which sounded utterly sublime. At the other end of the spectrum he gave me a Peavey Rage to play through, which sounded less than sublime.
    That was a bit unfair, considering that the Showman has two channels.

On the other hand you could argue that forcing you to learn how to get a tolerable sound out of a Peavey Rage - it can be done, if you're careful - is a part of the process of teaching...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Put the learner's amp on the floor?

Tilt your amp back against the wall? 
    Can do but I actually prefer to have their amp on the table as its only a 3 watt amp and I want them as well as me to hear all their mistakes! Haha. Also not enough space for the table next to the monitor stands unless I rearranged the whole room.
  • rico said:
    I literally need a box step thing the same width and length as the amp!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    rico said:
    Are you handy? Could be a nice mini project...
  • rico said:
    rico said:
    Are you handy? Could be a nice mini project...
    No I'm shit at DIY and building stuff lol
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    How about a bathtub full of water, with some strips of cardboard to support the amp?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Image result for hydraulic lift
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31480
    Can't you just put the learner's amp on the floor too? 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    You need a French pair crate. Everyone knows apple crates produce inferior tone. 

Yerasov GTA15 https://imgur.com/gallery/wHZLz
  • I've been using one of these, which folds away when not needed and I can hang up out of the way:

That's for a blues junior or 1x8 FRFR so might be on the narrow side for a bigger combo.

I also have a couple of shelves using folding brackets in my music room for when I occasionally need to get something off the floor or need extra flat surfaces:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been using one of these, which folds away when not needed and I can hang up out of the way:

That's for a blues junior or 1x8 FRFR so might be on the narrow side for a bigger combo.

I also have a couple of shelves using folding brackets in my music room for when I occasionally need to get something off the floor or need extra flat surfaces:

IKEA do a children's bathroom stool for about £6. Light, sturdy ( can take my weight). I'm guessing about ten inches high, might not be enough? 
  • p90fool said:
    Can't you just put the learner's amp on the floor too? 
    They need to hear themselves as well against an audio playing out the monitors!
  • Seen this on Amazon, for £5, which is the closest thing I can find, 

Similar dimensions to the amp and won't take up too much space, hopefully the low end won't be affected too much.

IKEA do a children's bathroom stool for about £6. Light, sturdy ( can take my weight). I'm guessing about ten inches high, might not be enough? 
    Well seeing as I sit down in the teaching room it doesn't have to be that high, just enough to be higher than my legs!

Well seeing as I sit down in the teaching room it doesn't have to be that high, just enough to be higher than my legs!
    Those IKEA bathroom stools are very useful, light and good for reaching high cupboards, painting ceilings,etc.