theFretBoard Jam - goes South - 2nd Jun 2018 **RESERVE LIST OPEN**

What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Seems that we have enough rooms to consider dedicating one to rehearsals. Thinking back to the Leicester and Northamption jams I do believe it would have been beneficial (for me at least!) to run through "live room" songs with the other 6-stringers allocated to the tracks I was down to play on before getting into the main room. Just a thought....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    @Brocco - if you, or anyone, want to set up some pre-song run throughs, that would be a  great use of the other space and time.

But you'd need to arrange that yourself as all of our organisational arranging capacity will go into making sure that the main room set list runs to schedule.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Thanks @TTony. Happy to help out with coordination of run throughs in the rehearsal room.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    hey suvverners - if you are up for a pre-jam jam, I'm in Dorking, been playing 14 months and like to rock a bit. Ping me if you want to meet for a try out. I can get thru a small handful of tunes with moderate competence.
    Being first in, @TheBigDipper has also decided to be first out, and now can't make that day.

So, as first reserve, @TADodger, there's now a place available if you want it.  
    :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2018
    I'm bringing my GT100 and the Laptop that I use to Edit it with a long USB lead.
    It takes seconds to edit a patch and 'Write it' so they can be tweaked quickly and easily on the day and even adjusted dynamically as someone is playing for those who know how and can hear something that needs it. It's easy, just leave Tone Studio open and make sure there are fresh batteries in the mouse.

I'll program as many patches with "useable" sounds and easy to recognise titles on a piece of paper so if people want to use it on the day, they're welcome to and they can quickly access patches that will approximate the sound of the record (Hopefully) or at least something generic that can be used for more than one song.
    I'm sure lots will want to use their own effects but if some of the less experienced who are concentrating more on getting it played right than what effects they're using would like to use it, at least it'll sound something like it's supposed to.
    Also if someone wants me to set them a patch up that will match their own amp at home etc, PM and I'll see what I can do.
    It's not a helix but it's not rubbish either and you can always head to my place to hear it and set your patch up yourself.

I'll set everything up modelled with a view to running into either the PA or the 'Effects Return' section of whatever valve backline we have, assuming it has an effects loop.
    2CM is fine as everything will be coming out of the GT but it does also mean there's a volume pedal and muted tuner built in too so it's an easy unit to use especially in 'Patch Mode', just go to the patch that either you arranged, wrote yourself or think describes what you're after.

To avoid life messing things up again, I'll be sending this piece of kit in advance along with @Bridgehouse so that if for some reason I can't make it, your patches and sounds do!
    (That's assuming he's not picking me up ON HIS WAY PAST Bedford)

Is that ok ?
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, slow to see this again. Yes, I'm in @TTony, thanks. I will look a what @TheBigDipper was playing. 

What was the payment situation, do I need to pay you or reimburse @TheBigDipper?
    @TADodger - PPG to theFretBoard@outlook.com please-and-thank-you.

Don't worry about restricting your song choice to what TBD had picked.  The setlist has only just been published and people are still  deciding what they want to play.  NB, we'll play popular songs more than once, so don't be put off if there's already a name in the slot for what you'd want to play.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited March 2018
    Haven't read the entire thread.
    If you need a drummer then let me know.
    If you don't then please pop me on reserve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    @octatonic - I think we're covered for drumming on this one (we have a special guest), but you're very welcome to either have a bash in room2, and/or play guitar/bass on a track or three.

I'm assuming that more than a couple of people will have to drop out before the day, so should see you then.
    edited March 2018
    TTony said:
    octatonic said:
    @octatonic - I think we're covered for drumming on this one (we have a special guest), but you're very welcome to either have a bash in room2, and/or play guitar/bass on a track or three.

I'm assuming that more than a couple of people will have to drop out before the day, so should see you then.
    I shall be a guitarist this time, assuming we are still in the country by then.
    I won't be able to do this after all (I was only reserve list).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    I would please like to go down on the reserve list... It would be cool to come meet some of you and I will bring some of my guitars for people to check out if anyone is interested...
    Rabs said:
    I would please like to go down on the reserve list... 
    You're on the list @Rabs ;
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    Anyone staying over the night before?

I'm mostly doing it to stay chilled out so I'm going to do a trip to Andertons on the 1st then stay in a Premier Inn and spend my evening practising with an amplug, so I can come in fresh and full of breakfast on 2nd ready to jam :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Hi @TTony, sorry but having been late joining this party, I'm going to have to drop out of this one for various reasons.

As ever, thanks to the organisers.

Tim
    TADodger said:
    Hi @TTony, sorry but having been late joining this party, I'm going to have to drop out of this one for various reasons.

As ever, thanks to the organisers.

Tim
    @TADodger - sorry to hear that, but thanks for giving us good notice.
    @MtB - you're first on the reserve list, are you still interesting/available?
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Yeah I'm available and keen. Count me in. As far as my payment goes, can you let me know what and how to pay. I'll sort it later in the week - currently sunning it in Florence atm.
    Excellent @MtB. ;

Enjoy Florence!  It's beautifully hot & sunny over here in the UK atm.
    ;)

Let me know what songs you'd like to play which parts on ...

£15 PPG to theFretBoard@outlook.com
     :+1: 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    @TTony ;;; payment has been sent. I'll stick with what you have me down for already on the latest running list.

This discussion has been closed.