Jeff Beck & Paul Rodgers - US Tour 2018

fandangofandango Frets: 2204
edited February 2018 in Music
I've kept an eye out over the months to see what Jeff Beck's up to, and lo, he's got a 5-week summer tour of the USA sorted for this July/August. Whooo!

Wonder when he'll come play the UK proper* again.

*I don't mean Ronnie Scott's or one of the Festivals, but a proper tour.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Have you got a link about this? Are they playing together or is it a concert of two halves?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    official website: http://www.jeffbeck.com/
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Ta!
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 412
    And with Ann Wilson ,  that would be cool if they came to the UK .
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm a Beck and Rogers fan .. but its too old men .. can they really deliver? Sad to think that the music I grew up with will be confined to vinyl/CD/MP3 and memories of live concerts (DVDs are never the same).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Fretwired said:
    I'm a Beck and Rogers fan .. but its too old men .. can they really deliver? Sad to think that the music I grew up with will be confined to vinyl/CD/MP3 and memories of live concerts (DVDs are never the same).
    Paul Rogers definitely still has the voice. Shame he’s a bit of a dick.  :s The last time I saw him (10-ish years back) he kept the crowd waiting for ages, sang for 40 minutes and left the stage. No encore either. He can be brilliant if he choses, I saw him when he’d just released his Muddy Waters Blues album and he was utterly brilliant. Sang his socks off for over two hours, did a really nice mix of old and new material. 

JB is still a top notch player. He just needs to steer clear of doing MOR crap like Nessun Dorma. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    Fretwired said:
    Paul Rogers definitely still has the voice. Shame he’s a bit of a dick.  :s The last time I saw him (10-ish years back) he kept the crowd waiting for ages, sang for 40 minutes and left the stage. No encore either. He can be brilliant if he choses, I saw him when he’d just released his Muddy Waters Blues album and he was utterly brilliant. Sang his socks off for over two hours, did a really nice mix of old and new material. 

JB is still a top notch player. He just needs to steer clear of doing MOR crap like Nessun Dorma. 
    recall JB wanting to play on the whole of that album as against Paul having various guest players on different tracks