Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone else in the throes of VD?

What's Hot
BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
edited February 2018 in Off Topic
Valentine’s Day, that is. What did you think I meant? 

Not something that Lady Brizzle and I normally buy into but we said we’d get each other a little token gift this year with it being our last before we’re officially an old married couple. 

Very pleased with mine! Seriously chunky tome and as a relative latecomer to listening to music in a serious way, I have much catching up to do. This’ll keep me busy for a while  though I think I killed the mood when I said ‘I better make sure I listen to at least two a month, or there’s a good chance that I’ll be dead before I finish it’

I can only assume she’s currently posting an equally elated thread on the Tea Towel User/Ironing Board Cover Insider forums or wherever they discuss such matters. 
8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    Nice! I’ve got the 1001 movies and the 1001 comics. Great toilet reading if that’s yer thing.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    I can only assume she’s currently posting an equally elated thread on the Tea Towel User/Ironing Board Cover Insider forums or wherever they discuss such matters. 
    I'm on that forum... She's fucking livid mate! Apparently she doesn't like that you went to Ikea instead of Laura Ashley as requested. Do you not realise that Ikea don't do anything in standard sizes? 

Anyway, just a heads up...she's planning her revenge on "Beer, beef and blowjob" day...don't fall for it. It'll hurt! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Weird, she said she loved it. I do hope women can’t fake these things....  :o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I have the 1001 Guitars.

Alas, no girlfriend, so I bought it for myself.  

Happy VD.

Enjoy!!!  LOL   :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    My wife and I agreed a few years back that we weren’t going to do VD anymore. I still buy her a card every year, just in case. 

You definitely don’t want to be “the one who forgot the card that year.”  I held that one over my ex missus for years, mu wah ha ha.  :3
    boogieman said:
    My wife and I agreed a few years back that we weren’t going to do VD anymore. I still buy her a card every year, just in case. 

You definitely don’t want to be “the one who forgot the card that year.”  I held that one over my ex missus for years, mu wah ha ha.  :3
    Haha my missis forgot to get me a birthday card once about 10/12 years ago, I still make her feel guilty about it now :lol: 

• Card and chocs for MrsTheWeary and card for me. 

Also the anniversary of the death of my mother in law , her parting gift being screwing up Valentine's Day in perpetuity. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • My Mrs got me a fucking huge pork pie from the local farm shop. 

I got her some gin.

Apparently we know each other quite well and take the piss accordingly

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    My Mrs got me a fucking huge pork pie from the local farm shop. 

I got her some gin.

That literally made me LOL.  =)
    My Mrs got me a fucking huge pork pie from the local farm shop. 

I got her some gin.

Love it. 
  • Not a VD fan. We've agreed not to get presents. I just got a couple of bottles of champagne and she's cooking a mystery feast.

• richhrichh Frets: 449
    If you want to know what your wife is really up to, check out Mumsnet.  Even if she's not a Mum.  And like on this forum, you'll find the same topics come up again and again.  And again.  Basically men are complete bastards.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited February 2018
    We don't like Valentine's Day, per se, and going out etc in the past has been disappointing as we've gone to one of our favourite restaurants and they end up cramming you in, sometimes trying to get 2 sittings and so your time is limited and then they replace the menu with a special, restricted set thing, charge the earth and generally, it's been sub-standard. We prefer a meal at home or to get away (we visited Seville at Christmas).

There are so many other days in the year to acknowledge and appreciate your partner but that being said, Mrs.KK has just bunged me a couple of hundred quid for my guitar fund and so Happy Wednesday!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I sent mrs s a text saying happy Wednesday. 
  • No VD here.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    speshul91 said:
    I sent mrs s a text saying happy Wednesday. 
    Soppy git. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    edited February 2018
    Just to add a touch of sick-making genuine soppiness to the thread - VD is also our wedding anniversary. My idea. Mostly so I never forgot it. 12 years ago today we hired a castle in the Highlands for a very long, drunken weekend. In. Strange twist we also ended up on stage playing - Mrs C in her wedding dress with a guitar belting it out. Ha!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    fkin forgot all about it .She gave me a card and some thermal vests!  (love me thermals!). shes sat there with the baby who kept us up all night saying  "Honestly it dosent matter" oh yeah right, not falling for that.
    Ran down the stairs (Well kind of) Threw me hat and coat on and legged it round the corner shop (kind of  a joggyrunnyhobblylimpy  type movement. And bought the last card in the Shop!  In your face every poor sod who goes in our shop after 7.25 this morning to buy a valentines. Snooze you looze  looosers! and im kind of back in the good books. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    For the first year ever we made an agreement and stuck to it, that we wouldn't bother getting each other a card or present. Can't help feeling it's the final step that is the decline in to divorce or becoming one of those couples you see on sitcoms who hate each other with a down trodden husband who never gets any, and a miserable wife who's not felt moister between her legs since the last Thor movie release. Happy VD day.
    underdog said:
    For the first year ever we made an agreement and stuck to it, that we wouldn't bother getting each other a card or present. Can't help feeling it's the final step that is the decline in to divorce or becoming one of those couples you see on sitcoms who hate each other with a down trodden husband who never gets any, and a miserable wife who's not felt moister between her legs since the last Thor movie release. Happy VD day.
    That’s the dream!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom