Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone else in the throes of VD?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• As a medical man, I rather assumed that the Thread Title was referencing socially acquired diseases!?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Apparently after the #MeToo campaign sending a valentine card to a woman at work could be construed as sexual harassment.

I could be in trouble for sending a car to our receptionist .. inside ..

Roses are red
    violets are blue
    my trousers are tight
    just thinking of you!

Am I in trouble .. :-)

https://www.thebalance.com/should-i-give-coworkers-valentine-cards-and-gifts-3515602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    I got my Mrs the same as last year but in a different colour...

Fuck all comes in many different shades...

She reciprocated.

We both agree VD is nonsense...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    AlexC said:
    Just to add a touch of sick-making genuine soppiness to the thread - VD is also our wedding anniversary. My idea. Mostly so I never forgot it. 12 years ago today we hired a castle in the Highlands for a very long, drunken weekend. In. Strange twist we also ended up on stage playing - Mrs C in her wedding dress with a guitar belting it out. Ha!
    My in laws got married on Valentine’s Day.   

This is clearly a terrible idea as it means our babysitters are always busy.  Inconsiderate gits ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Seems like this morning was the highlight of my day....quick copy and paste of the message I just sent to my brother :lol: 

So. Hope your valentines night is going nicely. Here’s a quick summary of ours (and it’s only 7 o clock). We’ve already decided at this point to go to Keynsham and we have a table booked at a nice bar for 8.  

Try to get Uber. Fail to get Uber. Try to call taxi instead. No taxi companies answer the phones. 

Decide to get bus. Drive to the bus stop as it’s pissing rain and then realise we have no money. 

Go to shop with cashpoint. 

Cashpoint out of service. Say ‘fuck this’ and call taxi again, finally getting through. Get home and sit in the cold car on the drive until the taxi arrives, as we can’t bear to go back in the house and listen to the cat’s incessant whining. 

Taxi shows up. What can only be described as a geriatric rasta, driving a car decked out head to toe in animal print faux fur, turns up, and drives to Keynsham at an average speed of around 4mph. All the while, playing three reggae songs from his USB stick (but he skips two of them each time as they keep getting stuck and skipping, so it’s basically one song on repeat). 

Then we finally get into the pub that’s always looked really nice when we’ve driven past, only to find that it reeks of piss and you get a free stabbing with every pint. 

Ah, romance. 
  • Being single, I got fuck all.

On a more positive note, that’s how much it’s cost me....
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Fretwired said:
    Apparently after the #MeToo campaign sending a valentine card to a woman at work could be construed as sexual harassment.

I could be in trouble for sending a car to our receptionist .. inside ..

Roses are red
    violets are blue
    my trousers are tight
    just thinking of you!

Am I in trouble .. :-)

https://www.thebalance.com/should-i-give-coworkers-valentine-cards-and-gifts-3515602

Unless the trousers are tight because you simply have a fat arse as a result of her cooking !
     Seriously,what a sad article that link is .........as soon as the personality bypass is made a compulsory operation the sooner we can all become proper office automatons ......why not just be neutered and microchipped too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Didn’t get my wife anything, been in A&E all day after a few strange ‘episodes’ over the last few days.  Been hooked up to machines and prodded and poked.  Looks like nothing too serious, which is a great present in itself and she was naturally glad to have me back home, but did make the point that I could plan better, as she gave me a nice shirt and a card.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Didn’t get my wife anything, been in A&E all day after a few strange ‘episodes’ over the last few days.  Been hooked up to machines and prodded and poked.  Looks like nothing too serious, which is a great present in itself and she was naturally glad to have me back home, but did make the point that I could plan better, as she gave me a nice shirt and a card.  
    TL:DR - spent the day in bed...got gift, sent none. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    I got a card from my missus that said "I had to kiss a lot of frogs before finally meeting my Prince Charming". 

Which, reading between the lines, implies that she was a bit of a slag before she met me. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    RobDavies said:
    I got a card from my missus that said "I had to kiss a lot of frogs before finally meeting my Prince Charming". 

Which, reading between the lines, implies that she was a bit of a slag before she met me. 
    Or a less than subtle way of telling you she’s found someone else?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    BRISTOL86 said:
    RobDavies said:

Or a less than subtle way of telling you she’s found someone else?

Hopefully.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    Champers, Chinese, and chocolate here - three of the greatest foodstuffs known to mankind all in one big VD hit!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    This year I bought her some sexy underwear so it's for her but more for me (not me wearing it obviously) 
    Methinks he doth protest too much...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    Fretwired said:
    I thought that "don't poop where you eat" was already well enough established to render such advice redundant?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • HAL9000 said:
    This year I bought her some sexy underwear so it's for her but more for me (not me wearing it obviously) 
    When he said "I wanna get in your knickers" she didn't realise he meant it literally

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    I got all Mrs S wanted (wine, chocolate, dinner cooked by someone other than myself) and afterwards left her alone in front of Coronation Street. Result. 

• HAL9000 said:
    HAL9000 said:
    When he said "I wanna get in your knickers" she didn't realise he meant it literally
    I'll PM you both a pic
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Me and the wife both laid low with colds. The idea of a romantic home cooked or restaurant meal didn't appeal. Convenient sustenance was what we needed. In the end we found ourselves wandering around Sainsbury's like zombies.
    "Is there anything sadder than buying two ready meals on valentine's Day?" we thought.
    Yes, buying only one ready meal on valentine's Day.
    Is there anything sadder than buying one ready meal?
    Yes, that woman over there buying batteries.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.