SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED & NGD - Any Superstrats for sale (Suhr, Tom Anderson, Grosh, Tyler)? Trade on Divided amp?

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
edited April 2018 in Guitars £
Yep, back looking again and a similar brief to last time.

I've seen the few that are on the forum at the moment and they're not for me (Charvel GG, Suhr Classic Pro SSS).  Looking at other brands, Music Man necks are too skinny but great sounding guitars. I have had a Schecter Custom Shop Strat and Suhr S1, and both were nice but just didn't do it for me.

Sadly, I've played, and owned, some cracking PRS guitars, like CE24s, CU22 & 24s, EG1s and DGTs and they've been some of the best players and have been fine on overdriven sounds but didn't deliver on the cleans (a little thin and brittle) and I don't like the look of the versatile Brent Mason one or sounds and feel of the 513s.

So, I'm ideally looking for an S Shape and more traditional-looking but with modern refinements, preferably HSS but HSH with coil-taps might work and something resonant and versatile. Pickup-wise, looking for classic sounds and nothing too hot in output and the single coil tones have to be quacky and good with fx and I'd like the HB to be well-matched to them in terms of sounds and output. A Gotoh 510 Trem or similar with locking tuners preferred over a Floyd Rose and really can't be arsed to go back to a locking nut. 

It doesn't have to be a fancy finish, and block colours like Black or Olympic White are fine, but I also don't mind a burst, Gold Top or Bengal Stripe, but nothing garish and I don't like natural, open-grained finishes.

I am keen to see what the Suhr-esque Ibanez AZs are like as they tick a few boxes and I really liked a Tyler Classic (Japan) HSS that I played recently. Any used on here, as they impressed me?

The Rub: I don't buy guitars without seeing and trying them first. I'm in Surrey but I will consider anything that fits the bill and is a serious contender up to 80 miles away.

Excuse the novella but it's better to list what you want and don't want and as I'm after 'a keeper", I'm going to be fussy on this one as I want to get it right.

So, what have you got and please PM me and it would be great if you could include any pics and a price? 

To add to this, Tugwellguitar and I have a choice of 2 Divided by 13 9/15 JRT amps. One of these can be offered up as a trade (£1325) against a guitar and here's the link to the amps

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/116794/divided-by-13-jrt-9-15-head-choice-of-2-heads-purple-or-cream/p1

Cheers

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    There is/was a Jap Tyler Studio Elite on EBay that was in Crawley, that isn’t too far is it ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    This just popped up on gumtree....

Suhr Modern Stratocaster

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/suhr-modern-stratocaster/1287022073

£1100 in Watford,so not to far from you it seems 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1073
    Sorr yjust read you want HSS./HSH..maybe coil split it or get an s routed in the center
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @Gizmo @DrBob
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    Kinda sounds like you might want a Jem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 994
    F.M. sent ....
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Hi - just on an off chance, I have a mid-90s USA Standard Strat, sperzal locking tuners and currently sporting HSS with a really nice set of picups from Deccy.

No locking trem, but two pointer works nicely - wouldn't mind freeing up the space

Not really in the price point you're talking about, but lovely playing guitar - I've just got all Joe Bonamassa these days!

gusman2x said:
    Kinda sounds like you might want a Jem?
    mmmmm....nah.

peteri said:

Hi - just on an off chance, I have a mid-90s USA Standard Strat, sperzal locking tuners and currently sporting HSS with a really nice set of picups from Deccy.

No locking trem, but two pointer works nicely - wouldn't mind freeing up the space

Not really in the price point you're talking about, but lovely playing guitar - I've just got all Joe Bonamassa these days!

Not for me peteri but thanks
    west said:
    F.M. sent ....
    Will respond.

Ta
  • @FelineGuitars had a super strat he'd worked on up recently. Looked lovely

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    Cos - I have a couple of great strats in build that may tick the boxes for you - fab feeling necks and Gotoh 510 trems etc
    You are welcome to come and try them , even in their mid build stage

This one has EMG SAVs and a Gilmour circuit

This has a trio of lace sensors - one red and two gold (black mirror plate) - it was kind of an homage to a Fender guitar played by local guitar hero/guitar teacher Martin Mickels

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I have a black USA Charvel San Dimas style 2 (tele) with some upgrades that you may like, i am also in surrey :)

SD JB & 59, coil tapped single push pull, black OFR with D-Tuna, big brass block and titanium string blocks, bare maple neck, jumbo frets. its been gigged but you can't tell, its in great condition.

I realise you're after HSH but thought the coil tap might fill the void :sweat_smile: ro

I have a black USA Charvel San Dimas style 2 (tele) with some upgrades that you may like, i am also in surrey :)

SD JB & 59, coil tapped single push pull, black OFR with D-Tuna, big brass block and titanium string blocks, bare maple neck, jumbo frets. its been gigged but you can't tell, its in great condition.

I realise you're after HSH but thought the coil tap might fill the void :sweat_smile: ro

Thanks @bluebuddha but not for me :)

Cheers to everyone else who's responded and I've sent PMs but do keep them coming and much appreciated.
  • I don't have one for sale, but have you tried Vigier? It's the best brand of that type of guitar I've played.
    @Vibetronic - you're not the first one to suggest them but I can't find any nearby to try.
  • Kebabkid said:
    @Vibetronic - you're not the first one to suggest them but I can't find any nearby to try.
    World Guitars have them - possibly your closest dealer (or Peach in Essex) but that's still a bit of a trek for you. Not many stockists in the UK unfortunately. If you did go to WG you're welcome to try mine, I'm close to the shop and have 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Peach is long overdue a visit but given their stock, it's warranted :)

For shops, I have London and what I call the 'Surrey Ring' = Andertons, Guitar Guitar and Guitar Village and GAKs not that far.

Cheers
  • theres a tyler elite for sale on preloved 

• winstony said:
    theres a tyler elite for sale on preloved 

Nice one too.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life