SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD*: Fender Mustang IV (V2) Combo with 2x12 Celestion speakers.

2»

Comments

• Final price drop to £150; the two Celestion speakers are probably worth  this alone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • weekend bump
  • bump
  • Friday bump
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5729
    Ive always had strong dislike for digital modelling amps, I’m the sort that thinks anything more than a single tone knob on an amp is overly complicating the sound

I was really intrigued with the Mustang 4 though by a few independent online videos and for the the prices they can be had now took a punt on one a while back. 

I still don’t know if it faithfully reproduces any of the sounds it’s supoosed to and I definitely don’t like everything it does. But I’d be pretty sure than anyone could find at least one sound in there they really like. That alone makes them good value I think but if you find 3, 4 or more things you like, it’s incredible. 

Put shortly, no affiliation with the seller here at all but I’d say this is well worth someone’s time and money. 

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited February 2018
    This is a lot of amp for £150 and I can thoroughly recommend it if you are after a 2x12 combo. Our second guitarist has a special edition Mustang III in red and its a great sounding amp. I've also played the IV and its even better with a big full sound. I suspect the only reason this hasn't sold yet is possibly 're size and weight for courier but its a great amp and if I had the room I'd snatch it up. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • :
    Voxman said:
    This is a lot of amp for £150 and I can thoroughly recommend it if you are after a 2x12 combo.
    dazzajl said:

Put shortly, no affiliation with the seller here at all but I’d say this is well worth someone’s time and money. 

Thanks for the comments guys. The only reason I am selling this amp is that it is too big for my bedroom; if it were physically smaller then I would definitely keep it as most of the pre-set sounds and particularly the amplifier sag settings, once 'tweeked' or edited, can be made to produce very realistic sounds. As @Voxman said it has a big full sound and, better still, it has a stereo amplifier  (2 X 75W) connected to two independent Celestion 12" speakers and the many of the FX are reproduced in stereo which further enhances the finished edited sounds.

For those interested in a comparison I have replaced the Mustang IV with a physically much smaller Boss Katana 2 x 12 and I've been able to compare them side by side . The Mustang is very simple to use and all edits of the pre-loaded amp models are incredibly easy to make in seconds via the onboard control wheel without the need for using the free Fender Fuse software or a computer and edited sounds can be stored in any of the 100 user memory slots. By comparison, the Boss Katana sound editing system seems incredibly clunky and the preset sounds can only be edited via the Boss Tone Studio software on a computer and the Katana only has a feeble eight user memory slots. Also, the Katana does not have two independent amplifiers or speakers so there are no stereo sounds.

If I had more space I would definitely keep the Mustang as it is a superior and easier to use combo overall.

• bump
  • weekend bump
  • SOLD