theFB Jam - South (WaterRats) SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27340
    If anyone fancies listening to the tracks recorded at the Huddersfield jam, here they are;

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can play lead for Shot By Both Sides, unless @Flanging_Fred who suggested it wants to.  Presumably first dibs go to those who suggested the song?  In which case I can play rhythm on it.  Any excuse for a bit of McGeoch action!
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    gulp! Time to get learning
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    TTony said:
    Who's playing what list updated at post #2.
    TTony 

Is the plan to do the popular songs twice? I missed the thread when it came out and most of what I want to do is taken. Is there a 5 song limit like Leicester? 

slacker said:
    TTony said:
    TTony 

Is the plan to do the popular songs twice? I missed the thread when it came out and most of what I want to do is taken. Is there a 5 song limit like Leicester? 

@slacker ...

Clue1
    TTony said:

If some songs are super-popular, we'll do them twice.

If some songs are super-unpopular, we'll drop them and replace with something else.

Clue2
    TTony said:

Anyone else, don't be put off by these seasoned jammers diving in and claiming this, that, or the other.

If some songs are over-subscribed, we'll do them twice, so everyone who wants to play, should get to play.

Claim whatever you want!

:)
    TTony said:
    slacker said:
    TTony said:
    TTony 

@slacker ...

Clue1
    TTony said:

If some songs are super-popular, we'll do them twice.

If some songs are super-unpopular, we'll drop them and replace with something else.

Clue2
    TTony said:

Anyone else, don't be put off by these seasoned jammers diving in and claiming this, that, or the other.

If some songs are over-subscribed, we'll do them twice, so everyone who wants to play, should get to play.

Claim whatever you want!

It's been a long week, I'm not thick, honest. 

Please put me down for lead on call me the breeze, slide on Tush and Learning to Fly I'll be Keef on Honky Tonk Women. I'll do vocals on American Woman and when Bridgehouse has chosen his bass stuff I;ll fill in on the upright for a couple. 

Thanks 
     :+1: 
  • I suspect @differs ; will want to bassinate on some stuff too but I know he's working nights at the moment so probably won't have seen this.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2018
    Anyone taken lead guitar on Signed Sealed Delivered or Just What I Needed yet? I'd like to do those...

EDIT: And maybe Purple Rain, if I may be so bold as to snatch three lead guitar slots?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    TTony said:
    munckee said:
    I'd like to play guitar on anything as long as I have enough time to learn it. 
    If you could maybe be slightly more specific @munckee?

Pick what you fancy playing and set your learning targets!
    Based on whats left I'd like rhythm on learning to fly and comfortably numb please, i know there i no specific rhythm part to comfortably numb but I learned to play a mix of the keyboard and violin parts.
  • slacker said:

Please put me down for lead on call me the breeze, slide on Tush and Learning to Fly I'll be Keef on Honky Tonk Women. I'll do vocals on American Woman and when Bridgehouse has chosen his bass stuff I;ll fill in on the upright for a couple. 

Thanks

@slacker Keef...   Are you playing in open G?

• I can play lead for Shot By Both Sides, unless @Flanging_Fred who suggested it wants to.  Presumably first dibs go to those who suggested the song?  In which case I can play rhythm on it.  Any excuse for a bit of McGeoch action!
    I don’t mind playing rhythm if you want to do the Lead. It’ll be fun.
  • Happy to play on Sweet Home Alabama, teenage kicks, fortunate son and Shot by both sides.

Ill try and learn more than that though

slacker said:

Thanks

@slacker Keef...   Are you playing in open G?

Yes,I've got a sort of plan to do Honky Tonk, Tush and Learning to Fly in open G. Not sure on the last one. 
    I suspect @differs ; will want to bassinate on some stuff too but I know he's working nights at the moment so probably won't have seen this.
    I played too much bass at Leicester. I'm happy to fill in or even play none. Whatever's needed. As a heads up SHot By Both sides is harder than it looks. The solo section is in Eb and the bass does an ascending minor run or 3. 
  • slacker said:
    I suspect @differs ; will want to bassinate on some stuff too but I know he's working nights at the moment so probably won't have seen this.
    I played too much bass at Leicester. I'm happy to fill in or even play none. Whatever's needed. As a heads up SHot By Both sides is harder than it looks. The solo section is in Eb and the bass does an ascending minor run or 3. 
    He's a drummer and bassist by trade, he picks up a guitar for fun so I'm sure he'll be fine

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    slacker said:
    He's a drummer and bassist by trade, he picks up a guitar for fun so I'm sure he'll be fine
    I was thinking more of someone who has a history of missing bass parts. Cheap shot apologies @Bridgehouse ;
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Who's playing what list updated at post#2

Just to repeat - popular songs will get played twice, so just because slots are taken, that's no reason not to put your name down for a popular one if you want to play it.
    TTony said:
    Who's playing what list updated at post#2

Just to repeat - popular songs will get played twice, so just because slots are taken, that's no reason not to put your name down for a popular one if you want to play it.
    @TTony ;thanks I'm down as guitar 3 on tush and learning to fly but I would like to do the slide solos. Just checking.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11410
    For now, put me down for Sweet Home Alabama as it was my suggestion.  I'd like to do Alright Now.  It would be good for me to learn the solo on that one.

I'll have a go at bass on one or two songs if there is a gap but don't expect anything too flash.

It would also be good for me to have a go at singing something but I need to work out which songs are in my vocal range.