SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Steinberger Spirit Cricket Bat, GM7 GU7 etc wanted

What's Hot
sweepysweepy Frets: 4178
edited June 2018 in Guitars £
As the title suggests, after a GM7 Steinberger, MusicYo and Thomann sold a fair few so there ought to be some kicking about somewhere
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Hey sweepy, the GM7 wasn't part of the Spirit line. The GM7 is a product name for the original Steinberger line: it has a transtrem, (real) EMG pickups in HSH and carbon fibre neck unlike any guitar in the Spirit line.
    If I remember correctly, there was only one full-bodied Spirit in their line, available with a regular trem (R-Trem) and with HSS emg-designed pickups and regular wood neck. It was the Spirit GU.
    Best to make a distinction as a Spirit GU will set you back about £300-£400 whereas a GM7 will be at least 7 or 10 times that price.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4178
    edited February 2018
    Good call, i remember MusicYo doing the GUu with R Trem for @£700 new, thats pretty much what i was after. I previously owned a Newbrough model with Carbon neck etc but it was a bit of a nail and the R-Trem had seen better days

https://en.audiofanzine.com/misc-shape-guitar/steinberger/Spirit-GU-7R-Custom/user_reviews/r.94100.html

That sort of thing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Cool. It's the GU-7 then. Pretty rare to find one of those, specially used.
    Thankfully there is no hurry as I have a Strat and Klein project on the go soon
  • westwest Frets: 996
    I had an orignal GM4 T black  for a decade it had  emgs  transtrem graphite and phenolic neck , it was a fantastic guitar it sold for a paltry £750 when they went out of vogue .... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1075
    My bro had a GU-7 in blue like the one you linked back in the late 90's as i recall he got it from "purple turtle music"  he'ed stopped playing by them and brought it as a kickstart to get him back into playing,it sat on a stand for about 8 years before i ebay'ed it for about £300...i tried to blag it cheaper to keep it but he wanted the cash for his car.

Seems a lot of these get parted out on eBay usa but non of the sellers want to seem to ship out bits to the UK  :(

Ive been picking up Bits here and there for a while now to build myself a Paul Masvidal marbel finish steinberger 'ish (with just HS layout though)

I got a body (already stripped) Rtrem/Pups ect but a neck eludes me....I was thinking of grabbing a Moses graphite neck off of evilbay all the way from south korea but with the shitty £/$ it would cost about £300 no inc taxes/duty too rich atm

Might be time to just build myself an ebony/maple neck and wrap it in carbon fiber for now...humm 

GL with tracking one down btw & if i spot anything i'll give you a shout

• There's a few on reverb

Steinberger GU-7 Trans Green Flame Maple Fernandes Sustainer Hard Casehttps://applink.reverb.com/item/10161121-steinberger-gu-7-trans-green-flame-maple-fernandes-sustainer-hard-case

STEINBERGER SPIRIT GU DELUXE Headless Electric Guitar Green Flame Top +Bag 1926

The one with the sustainer isn’t a bad deal but the shipping and tax makes them overpriced for what they are, thanks for the links though
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    One of the best looking Guitars out there IMO
    A Monday bump, where have all those Steinbergers gone ?
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1722
    edited March 2018
    Gizmo said:
    My bro had a GU-7 in blue like the one you linked back in the late 90's as i recall he got it from "purple turtle music"  he'ed stopped playing by them and brought it as a kickstart to get him back into playing,it sat on a stand for about 8 years before i ebay'ed it for about £300...i tried to blag it cheaper to keep it but he wanted the cash for his car.

Seems a lot of these get parted out on eBay usa but non of the sellers want to seem to ship out bits to the UK  

Ive been picking up Bits here and there for a while now to build myself a Paul Masvidal marbel finish steinberger 'ish (with just HS layout though)

I got a body (already stripped) Rtrem/Pups ect but a neck eludes me....I was thinking of grabbing a Moses graphite neck off of evilbay all the way from south korea but with the shitty £/$ it would cost about £300 no inc taxes/duty too rich atm

Might be time to just build myself an ebony/maple neck and wrap it in carbon fiber for now...humm 

GL with tracking one down btw & if i spot anything i'll give you a shout

That Marble Finish looks like Jim O'Connors work - as per my SS1 Custom - he did bluish ones and greyer ones - you see his work on Hamers quite a lot...

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1075
    Not to derail sweepy's thread but yep that's Jim O'Conner's work

from http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Events/en-us/an-interview-with-paul-803.aspx

GM4T - Hand painted swirl finish by Jim O'Conner '90, transtrem and EMG's. My first Stein child! I used this guitar on all my early session work with metal bands and it always sounded amazing. The clean sounds were especially bell like and crystal clear. It's kind of a museum piece to me now that I'm using exclusively for studio work.

Motana do a fake marble spray that might get me close,wait for the shitty weather to pass so i can play with a few test  peieces.
    Ohhh cheers, ill post a watch on that one  
    edited June 2018
    Just a little Bump, any out there ? to put it into perspective, Spirt Pros are £305 new and the latest reissue is £390 when it hit the shops this month

• I have a Synapse SS-2F that I would part with. PM me if you'd like. 
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    one of my mates is selling the cricket bat one if you're interested, he's not on here but I can ask him.