Sorry, boring recommend me a guitar type thread...

Hey everyone, sorry for such a boring thread but could do with some advice as I’m not very clued up on acoustic guitars. 

I’m in an acoustic duo and I want a really nice electro acoustic with a cutaway for upper fret access. Right handed. 

I like smaller bodied instruments as I have shoulder issues with big guitars. Things like Yamaha apx and Martin 000 work well for me. 

My budget is around £500-£750. 

I’ve been looking at the Taylor 114ce but am unsure. I just sold my Martin 000x1ae which was lovely, but had no cutaway. 

Any recommendations please?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    The Taylor will do the job and is probably the best guitar in (or actually just above) your price range.

A few years ago when I had the same requirement I tried a lot of options and ended up with a 312CE, which was the cheapest cutaway electro they did at the time. It was perfect for the purpose, although I have to say it didn't have much 'character' as a guitar - but still more than the equivalent Yamahas and Takamines, which I found very artificial-sounding and felt cheap.

At least the current 114CE has the '2' version of the Expression System... the original is prone to failures and sounding crap, but I haven't seen any issues with the new one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 843
    It's at the upper end of your budget but you could look at the Seagull Performer Concert Hall.
  • TAMCOTAMCO Frets: 9
    Buy used.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    I was really impressed with the new Tokai cats eye acoustics.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Faith guitars fall in your price range and the nicest acoustic I have ever played was a Faith. Over and above taylors and martins. But of course, not all guitars are equal, even when they're the same model. 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    cough - freshman - cough 
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    TAMCO said:
    Buy used.
    yeah - try a few Eastmans
  • Thanks guys
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    Have you tried the Taylor GS Mini? They are great little guitars, the only pitfall is I don't think they come with a cutaway.  I very nearly bought one, only reason I didn't was because I unexpectedly ended up with a bigger budget, and I would still like one for taking out and about.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Things like Yamaha apx ... work well for me. 
    TAMCO said:
    Buy used.
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/126614/yamaha-apx500ii-set-up-or-sell#latest
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Another vote for the gs mini. I bought one a few weeks ago and can't put the bloody thing down. No cut away though