Corbyn smear campaign

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 15828
    So you're saying there's no difference between Corbyn and H from Steps then. 

I've heard Corbyn can sing ....
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 719
    Fretwired said:
    p90fool said:
    Fretwired said:
    Supporting the IRA should have done him more harm but doesn't seem to have done. They are viewed as freedom fighters these days.
    He supported TALKS with the IRA, which eventually turned out to be the only thing that worked. 

Some smears never rub off, do they? 
    See his Sky interview .. it's on YouTube. He was asked to denounce the IRA numerous times - he refused to. And many of the comments about his links with the IRA come from his own party.

It's a matter of record that he regularly attended the annual Connolly Sands commemoration in London to honour dead IRA terrorists and support imprisoned IRA prisoners of war. It's a matter of record on his views about British military action.

I'd love to see some evidence that he had talks or that he achieved anything - Thatcher was talking to the IRA and Major made progress. Corbyn wasn't involved. It doesn't matter as the public don't care so the Torygraph is wasting its time.

I think Corbyn is a sincere man, I just think he is naive and he probably never thought he'd be the leader of the Labour Party. When he becomes PM he won't be around for long due to his age so McDonnell or Starmer will take over. The Tories are unelectable.

He denounced all terrorists and terroism in that interview.  He refused to specifically mention the IRA yes, but by denouncing all terrorists he did.

If anyone actually thinks he's a terrorist supporter trying undermine the country then you're fecking barking mad imo.   But we are in the age of utter nonsense at the moment so there'll be a few.

I've been following the Daily Mail's stories on this and they're gradually backtracking..  But these type of campaigns are all about creating uncertainty and there will no doubt be a few people who will believe this whole heartedly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 10904
    edited February 21
    Brillo was fucking brilliant on the matter. Best political clip of the year so far. 

I make Jeremy Paxman look like Fingermouse. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Brillo was fucking brilliant on the matter. Best political clip of the year so far. 

That guy is a twat. Mogg and Johnson are a more serious risk to the UK than Corbyn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 12376
    If that's the only dirt they can dig up on Corbyn, the guy must be a lot cleaner than any other parliamentary figures.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 6064
    thing is, in our post fact world, you no longer need to back up or prove what you say, you have only to say it and you'll have the mongs and numpties on social media repeating it ad nauseam, 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited February 21
    Jim Pickard is the chief political correspondent with that well-known Corbynista rag known as the Financial Times. Guido Fawkes made allegations, the Telegraph ran with them. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWki7CkW0AEtuZ0.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • exocetexocet Frets: 522

Twas like the best episode of "The Thick of It".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Jim Pickard is the chief political correspondent with that well-known Corbynista rag known as the Financial Times. Guido Fawkes made allegations, the Telegraph ran with them. 

Although I thought it was the Czech's not the East German's. Corbyn has admitted he met the guy and it's been confirmed he was a spy. The fact MI5/MI6 weren't concerned tells you all you need to know. It's in the past and nobody cares. Corbyn must be grinning though as he's never had attention like this before .. he has the establishment rattled.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 31206
    edited February 21
    Fretwired said:

Although I thought it was the Czech's not the East German's.
    Perhaps the people making all the fuss about this are a bit muddled and think that the Stasi were Czech and not East German. Given the accuracy of the rest of the reporting and editorial it wouldn't surprise me. It really does look like utter desperation to find anything they can stick on Corbyn.

Is there something we don't know about an impending General Election?
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

Although I thought it was the Czech's not the East German's.
    Perhaps the people making all the fuss about this are a bit muddled and think that the Stasi were Czech and not East German. Given the accuracy of the rest of the reporting and editorial it wouldn't surprise me. It really does look like utter desperation to find anything they can stick on Corbyn.

Is there something we don't know about an impending General Election?
    I reckon the millennials would find the fact that Corbyn was a spy attractive .. a double agent .. James Bond. The most interesting thing Theresa May did was run through a field of wheat .. :-)
    edited February 21
    Fretwired said:

Although I thought it was the Czech's not the East German's. Corbyn has admitted he met the guy and it's been confirmed he was a spy. The fact MI5/MI6 weren't concerned tells you all you need to know. It's in the past and nobody cares. Corbyn must be grinning though as he's never had attention like this before .. he has the establishment rattled.
    It's both. Guido had an exclusive today making allegations about the Stasi. 

https://order-order.com/2018/02/21/stasi-file-reveals-corbyns-peace-group-was-infiltrated-by-east-german-spies/

The Czech story is an entirely different dodgy Corbyn load of shite. 

• DominicDominic Frets: 3415
    I would imagine that Tony Benn also "met" numerous Soviet block representatives either knowingly or unknowingly but the difference is that he was an excellent Politician .........and you can usually trust a man that smokes a pipe !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 31206
    Dominic said:
    I would imagine that Tony Benn also "met" numerous Soviet block representatives either knowingly or unknowingly but the difference is that he was an excellent Politician .........and you can usually trust a man that smokes a pipe !
    Of course you can! They're always the right kind of people.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/bc3f4eebd501875d8d1285c602c5e73d/tumblr_o8q0wcIpBv1rwiivfo1_400.jpg
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 927
    edited February 22
    Soviet Block spies weren't particularly sophisticated back in the Cold War days. For a highflying Oxbridge graduate an 'approach' by a spy was almost a rite of passage.

I'm sure Corbyn was a 'person of interest' just like any far left leaning MP, but for practical purposes the Foreign Office tea lady would have been a more valuable asset for the Soviets et al.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 12376
    I'm waiting for the Hollywood Blockbuster to come out before I pass judgement.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 12885

Squeaky bum time indeed.

I can't wait to see how this pans out  =)

The Czech spy is a nutter who claims to have been responsible for Live Aid and the little shitbag MP who started this drivel is on record advocating free vasectomies for poor people to stop them breeding.

98% shouting at clouds and 2% laminate flooring
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 719
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

The Czech spy is a nutter who claims to have been responsible for Live Aid and the little shitbag MP who started this drivel is on record advocating free vasectomies for poor people to stop them breeding.

go Jezza, get the b*ggers.
    thomasw88 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

How's that going to work. He admits he met the bloke.

Corbyn man of mystery is much better. This story hasn't got any traction outside the Westminster bubble. If there were an election tomorrow he'd walk it.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 755

.....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 1953
    Fretwired said:
    thomasw88 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

Corbyn man of mystery is much better. This story hasn't got any traction outside the Westminster bubble. If there were an election tomorrow he'd walk it.
    I suspect it's going to work because Ben Bradley posted "Corbyn sold British secrets to communist spies". He didn't post "Corbyn met a Czech diplomat who it now appears may have been working for their intelligence service at the time".

One is libelous the other isn't. I'll leave it to you to work out which is which.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 2035
    Boromedic said:
    @Boromedic - what a splendid publication - thank you for that! 

Grown most uncommonly fat!
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 755
    No problem.... Lol

.....and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....      nothing.......

FX_Munkee said:
    Fretwired said:
    thomasw88 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

I suspect it's going to work because Ben Bradley posted "Corbyn sold British secrets to communist spies". He didn't post "Corbyn met a Czech diplomat who it now appears may have been working for their intelligence service at the time".

One is libelous the other isn't. I'll leave it to you to work out which is which.
    Well it hasn't worked. Corbyn is ahead in the polls. Nobody cares. Very few people read newspapers these days - they don't have the power they did in the 1970s and people don't follow their Twitter accounts. Keep digging though ... the story has zero traction.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 1953
    Fretwired said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Fretwired said:
    thomasw88 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

Well it hasn't worked. Corbyn is ahead in the polls. Nobody cares. Very few people read newspapers these days - they don't have the power they did in the 1970s and people don't follow their Twitter accounts. Keep digging though ... the story has zero traction.
    I like you Fret, but sometimes your reading comprehension sucks. Emp Fab pointed out Corbyn's lawyers have threatened legal action for the libelous tweet by Ben Bradley. You asked "How's that going to work?". I pointed out it was pretty straight forward. You come back with "something, something, something, story, zero traction".
    So, just for clarity, this bit is not about the original story per se. It's about the idiot Ben Bradley getting his arse handed to him for doing something incredibly stupid and potentially criminal.
    As for "Nobody cares"  I suspect Ben Bradley very much cares right now, or at least his lawyers will be advising him to.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 1338

As an interesting parallel, many of the revelations about Trump during the election campaign had little impact on his poll ratings; the explanation for this being that this information was either already in the public domain, or seen as "typical" Trump behaviour so didn't challenge anything that wasn't already known.

I think this is true of these "revelations" about Corbyn; it really doesn't tell us anything new, ie he likes meeting with people not in "mainstream" politics with whom he has ideological sympathies. In fact that is what he has spent most of his political "career" doing.

The whiff of desperation I think is in part due to an almost complete absence of any information on Corbyn, as he was such an irrelevant political figure until he became leader of the Labour party.

He's been the MP for Islington North since 1983 so calling him irrelevant politically until he became leader is unfair. At constituency level, he's clearly not been irrelevant. Not everyone can be Esther McVey... *

The allegations whiff of desperation from the usual places. With no stings in place, no tales of mistresses, nothing left in the bullshit cannon after throwing out so much during the General Election, they've resorted to smear stories utilising evidence that make the Hitler Diaries look good. 

*not even Esther McVey can be Esther McVey. Fortunately. 

FX_Munkee said:
    Fretwired said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Fretwired said:
    thomasw88 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Squeaky bum time indeed.

I like you Fret, but sometimes your reading comprehension sucks. Emp Fab pointed out Corbyn's lawyers have threatened legal action for the libelous tweet by Ben Bradley. You asked "How's that going to work?". I pointed out it was pretty straight forward. You come back with "something, something, something, story, zero traction".
    So, just for clarity, this bit is not about the original story per se. It's about the idiot Ben Bradley getting his arse handed to him for doing something incredibly stupid and potentially criminal.
    As for "Nobody cares"  I suspect Ben Bradley very much cares right now, or at least his lawyers will be advising him to.
    Actually I did read it ... :-)

Ben Bradley slandered Corbyn, but even the Times has said it's bullshit so it hasn't worked. Nobody believes it's true or cares as it's obviously made up. Corbyn's ahead in the polls so it hasn't damaged him. As I said nobody reads the newspapers so the whole story hasn't grabbed the imagination of people and I think Corbyn's lawyers will advise don't sue as that will drag the issue into the public eye. I bet they wring a public apology out of Bradley. The whole story has no legs.

I don't care about Ben Bradley .. he's an arsehole.
    He's been the MP for Islington North since 1983 so calling him irrelevant politically until he became leader is unfair. At constituency level, he's clearly not been irrelevant. Not everyone can be Esther McVey... *

The allegations whiff of desperation from the usual places. With no stings in place, no tales of mistresses, nothing left in the bullshit cannon after throwing out so much during the General Election, they've resorted to smear stories utilising evidence that make the Hitler Diaries look good. 

*not even Esther McVey can be Esther McVey. Fortunately. 

He had no influence on Labour policy .. he was never a minister .. being an MP is about serving the local people and I'm sure he's been a decent MP but be fair nobody in Islington was ever going to vote Tory. It's a Labour safe seat.

All of which demonstrates there are different ways of being politically relevant. 

A man like Corbyn who has successfully stood in 9 General Elections was relevant prior to becoming leader. 

A man like Farage who has never won at constituency level in a General Election is relevant. 

You can be an interloper in the arena like Gillian Duffy or Christine Keeler and you gain a political relevance all of your own. 

Or Lee Harvey Oswald...