SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[SOLD] Gibson Les Paul 1959 Duane Allman VOS Reissue

What's Hot
NeylusNeylus Frets: 62
edited February 2019 in Guitars £
Hi, 

I have come to the decision to sell my dream guitar, the best Les Paul i have ever played or heard. I will tell you why after a short description of the guitar. 

If you think this is a regular Les Paul, you are wrong. After owning different LPs and being each time disappointed, I decided to wait and get the holy grail. So for more than 2 years i tried all the LPs available in different cities and countries. 
Thing is the sound of a guitar unfortunately is not related to the price you pay (would be too easy…). 
So even among the R8, R9 and Collector’s Choice I tried most of them sounded unbalanced, agressive, or dead, even for £5000! 
Until I tried this Duane Allman. The store had 2 of them and dozens of CC’s and R8-9-0's . It was the most balanced guitar I had ever heard. Fat yet not muddy, and clear but not agressive. Anyone who had approached this guitar has been floored. It really has that woody tone that the two original 1959 and the one 1958 I have played had. I guess they really specifically selected the wood pieces for this limited run guitar. 

The only reason i am selling this guitar is that I do play live a lot, and by that I mean that I needed a lighter and less expensive guitar for the stage, so I got myself a chambered LP standard. The Duane stays then in its case most of the time so I’d rather have someone playing it, and I actually need money to finance other stuff.

Like I said, just come and try the guitar. You will be blown away. Don’t think all Duanes sound the same! Every guitar sounds totally different so whether you’re looking for this particular model (unbelievably beautiful indeed) or the best sounding Les Paul you’ve heard, don’t hesitate. 

This is the number #080 of a limited run of 150 VOS guitars worldwide. 

I'm asking £4,200 - I may be sensible to serious offers though.

Comes with the original case, certificate of authenticity, the white protector clothe, and the USB key with the documentary. 

Thanks for reading me! 

Cheers
14reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    Thought it might be the version with DUANE set in frets on the back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeylusNeylus Frets: 62
    Thought it might be the version with DUANE set in frets on the back
    I didn't know they were actually selling the one with DUANE on the back. This is the standard VOS version.

Bump!
    Bump
    Up!
  • I played a Tom Murphy aged version of this guitar. Without a doubt, one of the greatest guitars I ever played. Good luck with the sale!
    I played a Tom Murphy aged version of this guitar. Without a doubt, one of the greatest guitars I ever played. Good luck with the sale!
    Thanks! Yeah these DAs are great!
    Price update
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    From a Les Paul nut - don’t sell it.

If it’s worth that much and sounds that good, I think you will always regret it if you let it go.

If it’s worth that much and sounds that good, I think you will always regret it if you let it go.
    Thanks a lot for the advice, yeah I know i'll probably regret it. But it's literally never played, even though it's an amazing guitar it stays in its case most of the time and that makes me feel sad! haha
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Neylus said:

Thanks a lot for the advice, yeah I know i'll probably regret it. But it's literally never played, even though it's an amazing guitar it stays in its case most of the time and that makes me feel sad! haha
    That’s fair enough. It looks sublime.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Neylus said:

That’s fair enough. It looks sublime.
    Cheers!!
    Sunday bump!
    Bump
    Bump!!
    Sunday Bump!
    Bump
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    There's one of these for sale in Coda ... lovely guitar.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    There's one of these for sale in Coda ... lovely guitar.
    It is a lovely guitar yeah! Thanks!!
    Bump!
    Bump!