theFB Jam - South (WaterRats) SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Bucket said:
    Oh, and what key for Signed Sealed Delivered? I'm happy in the original (F) but does anyone want to change?

@lovestrat74 @Jonathangus ;
    Best ask @poopot it's his baby..
    I’m fine with the original, if you guys want to change I’m happy either way... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Who's playing what list updated again.

Almost there now - just a few bass & vox slots left ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Alnico said:
    munckee said:
    Alnico said:
    Ok, I'll sing Vocal 1 on 'Comfy', that'll be RW's part "Hello,.......is there anybody in there", mainly because I'm Only playing lead on that track and at those points, I'm not actually playing the guitar.

I've never been able to do Vocal 2, DG's part and that does need an electro-acoustic strummed along to it to sound right.

I can bring my Gretsch which will get close enough for that if someone wants to play it?
    I need to check for Comfortably numb, I am down for rhythm, when I usually play it I play a mix of what I think is the piano chords and a bit of the strings part, is it easier if I stick to the piano chords?
    Yes.
    It's subtle through the verses and gets a bit more enthusiastic towards the end over the second solo.

Also we can't fade out as per studio track so I'll use the same contact point that DG does live to signal the ending.
    Listen to any live version. DG hits the very top frets in the solo only once and it's right before the end. When you hear that it means finish next time around.....

I've got the BT if you want it and that it set up to finish as per the live track.
    @Alnico ;

The BT would be really useful as I'm fine playing it, the timing I need to work on though!
  • TTony said:
    Who's playing what list updated again.

Almost there now - just a few bass & vox slots left ...
    I'll happily try a plonky bass for Alabama if nobody else wants it

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Ok...I've rolled a dice, and I'll have a stab at learning ...Tush! Please put me down for a guitar part. I might even have long enough to learn the lead "slide part" but we'll see! 
    Fixed for you! :)
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    @TTony I'm not going to offer to do any bass slots until nearer the time. However with the exception of Call Me the Breeze (as I'm playing lead guitar) I can cover any slots that are vacant. I'm letting you know this early so that if you can get CMTB covered for bass all the other slots have a dep if needed. 

To anyone thinking of doing a bass slot please be my guest and @crunchman although I think you should do Beat It regardless I will cover for you at short notice. BTW I cocked it up at Quad and nobody noticed. 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    slacker said:

To anyone thinking of doing a bass slot please be my guest and @crunchman although I think you should do Beat It regardless I will cover for you at short notice. BTW I cocked it up at Quad and nobody noticed. 

I should be ok.  I had a quick run through the other night.  I can play it all the bits, it's just a matter of getting consistent and playing the main riff cleanly every time rather than 50% of the time.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    crunchman said:
    slacker said:

I should be ok.  I had a quick run through the other night.  I can play it all the bits, it's just a matter of getting consistent and playing the main riff cleanly every time rather than 50% of the time.
    Get it in the muscle memory you should be fine. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    crunchman said:
    slacker said:

Crikey we have to play consistently?!?! That's me jiggered then!! ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • So @Legionreturns has requested some drum lessons from me...so I'm suggesting he learns to play ''mind eraser, no chaser' by them crooked vultures by the jam...I'll play bass and sing if someone fancies a crack at some bluesy guitar solos and we can jam it out in one of the other rooms??? Any takers???
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    If we are talking second room @Legionreturns do you want to set up a go through of No Surface All Feeling?

Didn't make the main list this time and it's one of my favourites?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • If we are talking second room @Legionreturns do you want to set up a go through of No Surface All Feeling?

Didn't make the main list this time and it's one of my favourites?
    Absolutely! 

I'd also like to do Need Your Love So Bad if anyone's up for that.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Wouldn't mind a bit of AC/DC in room two if anyone's interested - You Shook Me didn't make the list and is a blast to play
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Some more song idea's for room 2 - how about Highway To Hell, Knock On Wood (Bowie version) and Rocky Mountain Way (thinking in all cases that we use the rythym from the tracks agreed for room 2 jams as a platform for improvised rather than verbatim solo's)?
    If anyone fancies a pre jam beer... feel free to come and say hello this friday... Myself and the spare drummer for the jam (don't tell him about Darrin)  will both be there (him behind the drums, me staring at my shoes) http://www.facebook.com/events/139255366753768/
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited February 2018
    peteri said:
    Wouldn't mind a bit of AC/DC in room two if anyone's interested - You Shook Me didn't make the list and is a blast to play
    yes please.

my attempt at the solo is on the "Beginner Recordings" thread, but I hope to get better!
    song ideas for room 2?

Rockin' In the Free World please, easy to play, solo it however you want, and a right rocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411cTWwxFu8
    pmbomb said:
    peteri said:
    yes please.

my attempt at the solo is on the "Beginner Recordings" thread, but I hope to get better!

I've got the solo pretty down, so can definitely help with that.

Means I've got to bring my SG too! The haulage list is getting bigger! :)

edited February 2018
    that'd be fun.

oh I'm on a Stratalike - that explains the issue, wrong guitar!
    That's the justification I've used!