Computer Music - FREE IK T-Racks compressor worth £100

What's Hot
Computer Music 254 (latest edition) has a brilliant free plugin from IK Multimedia -  the T-Racks Black 76 Limiting Amplifier is modelled after what is probably the most used, most known and most universally recognized compressor/limiter in the audio industry. There are probably no professionally recorded tracks where this unit wasn't used. It's a true legend and a piece of music production history.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trblack76/

Buy the mag in WH Smiths or online to get it ..

https://www.musicradar.com/news/ultimate-mixdowns-computer-music-issue-254-is-out-now

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    I have been on a self imposed plugin purchase ban, but this is a no brainer and technically, it is a magazine, not a plugin. Thanks for the heads up!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    Wow.. thanks for the heads up!  Def worth grabbing a copy of the magazine for this plug-in. Have a wiz!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Be aware that they make you jump through a thousand hoops to get this download.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Be aware that they make you jump through a thousand hoops to get this download.
    No they don't. Took me a few minutes ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Well, after making me start an account in FileSilo, I got these instructions:

How to install and authorise IK Multimedia Black 76

1. Visit the IK Multimedia website here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/am and then download the Authorization Manager utility (select Mac or Windows as required). Once downloaded, install it.

1. Run the Authorization Manager utility. If you already have an IK user account then enter your Username and Password when requested. If not, then the utility will let you create a user account.

1. Assuming you have now logged into the Authorization Manager utility, click on Next and enter in the Black 76 serial number that you have been emailed. Click on Next again to complete the registration process.

1. The Authorization Manager will then let you download the basic T-RackS 5 interface, called T-RackS 5 Custom Shop. If you are not offered the download, visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea and select the My Products section. In here you will find the T-RackS 5 Custom Shop download (for Mac or Windows).

1. Once downloaded, install T-RackS 5 Custom Shop.

1. Start up T-RackS 5 Custom Shop on your desktop and click on the small shopping trolley icon at the bottom right of the display. This will open the separate Custom Shop window.

1. In the new Custom Shop window you will be asked to login using your IK Username and Password. Once this has been done, go to the Gear menu at top of the Custom Shop window and select Restore My Gear. This will add the Black 76 module to your T-RackS. You can then close the Custom Shop window and start using T-RackS.

1. If you hear an intermittent white noise signal, this means that you have not authorised T-RackS yet, or you are trying to use T-RackS modules which you have not yet purchased. You can purchase any additional T-RackS modules you require by going back into the Custom Shop using the shopping trolley icon. 
    which didn't actually work because instead of Black 76 I got some unwanted equalizer in my T-RackS, but by that time I couldn't be arsed to try again. Glad you had an easier time of it.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Agreed there's a bit of faff to get the download but well worth the effort 'cos it's a brilliant compressor.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom