Yamaha transacoustic has blown my mind

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Alnico said:
    I want an acoustic again.
    Wow.
    No you don’t. You think you do. But you don’t. You know you don’t really. 

Stop watching youtube :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I always wanted to be as good as Bert Jansch.

I tried for a few years to learn his technique.

I gave up when I sounded like Bert and Ernie 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    Well despite the naysayers, looking at you @ICBM ;) this genuinely sounded great in the flesh. Played easy enough for an acoustic biff.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Well despite the naysayers, looking at you @ICBM ;) this genuinely sounded great in the flesh. Played easy enough for an acoustic biff.
    I've got an old L series guitar and I too think they are good guitars particularly for fingerpicking. Credit should be given as well for Yamaha coming up with an original design back in the day. 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

Are you in danger of committing the cardinal sin of criticising before actually trying for yourself?
    Yes, although it sounds so shockingly bad in that demo that I don't think there is much hope of it sounding good in reality. It does sound like the other L series Yamahas I've actually played too, so I do have a reference. Never before in the field of acoustic guitars has so much nice wood been used in the pursuit of so little character, or something like that .

This one doesn't sound too bad ; )
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bert+jansch+blues+run+the+game&&view=detail&mid=8F5C778A2075C37F55478F5C778A2075C37F5547&&FORM=VRDGAR
    Unbelievable!

You use bing???
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry, it won't happen again.☺
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom