What's the catch?

OK, so most of us probably haven't got £7.5k sitting around, but this lot still seems keenly priced, no?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Collection/162921533582

I'm wondering why he or she has chosen to sell on eBay rather than taking them all to a high end shop and selling individually on consignment.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited February 2018
    He’s in Greenock, so his main options are Guitarguitar or Strungout in Glasgow, who may be reluctant to take such high end small builder stuff..,plus they would buy at a very low rate.

Commision sale probably a better bet.
  • I don't see a catch, just some very very good guitars, very keenly priced as a job lot sale. 

£7500 puts you on the right side with this lot. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Yes that's what I mean -- the McPherson alone is potentially worth the asking price for the whole lot.

Mind you we all know how hard it can be to shift high-end acoustics if they don't say Martin or Gibson on them.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Either lazy or busy.
  • I'd be speaking to Trevor in Brighton (Tamco) and Michael in London ( North American Guitar Co) particularly on the  American guitars, with commission sales in mind. 

Some people simply don't have the time or the inclination for such convolution, as I suspect is the case here. One hit, get em gone.

These are a pinch at the money in my humble.