SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone: Furch/Stonebridge D22-CM

danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
edited March 2018 in Acoustics £
In an ideal world I would keep this, but given a recent purchase and the fact that I want to focus on one thing at a time, this brilliant guitar is sat in the corner of my room. If I was playing acoustic seriously, I would not sell it. If I decide to play acoustic again, this is the guitar that I would look for - and I am not saying this to up the guitar - it is genuinely an outstanding instrument and one of the best acoustics I have ever played - strummed or finger style. The pickup system is one of the best dual source ones available on the market, Swiss made by Schertler. The amplifier is likewise a bliss.

I ended up selling and buying this guitar back, but during the time in between I learned more about my playing and bought a new Furch OM. This is a seriously good instrument, 45mm nut, loads of overtones and a very warm voice.

Condition: Excellent to mint - babied with humidity checks, no significant marks or issues. Neck is beautifully set up and a joy to play.

Includes: Stonebridge/Furch D22-CM guitar with cedar top and mahogany sides and back. Furch/Hiscox Liteflite Hardshell Case. Original strap pin and nickel tuning pegs.

Specs for guitar (https://www.thomann.de/gb/furch_d_22_cm.htm?ref=search_rslt_d22-cm_277925_0):
Model: DreadnoughtBody: Solid cedarBottom and sides: Solid Honduras mahoganyNeck: MahoganyFretboard, bridge and headstock: Ebony20 FretsNut width: 45 mmScale: 650 mmColour: Natural high glossIncl. CaseMade in Czech Republic

Demo videos of guitar:

https://rguitars.co.uk/products/ds-22-cm

Cost: To purchase new, the guitar and case are currently available from Thomann on sale for £1.1k

Would like to trade for a nice electric. Can include a Fishman Rare Earth Blend pickup system depending on guitar value.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    damn fine guitars these, good buy me thinks for someone
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    oooh, tempting. Where are you based? And is there anything you'd consider in part exchange, or are you purely after cash?
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    edited August 2017
    Stuckfast said:
    oooh, tempting. Where are you based? And is there anything you'd consider in part exchange, or are you purely after cash?
    I'm in South Wales, happy to post or meet within reason. Not really looking for any trades to be honest as I've made a recent purchase and need to cover the cost of it. I will consider an interesting electric guitar pedal or two however.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    Hmmm, unfortunately I'm right over the other side of the country. I'll have a think...
    edited February 2018
    Back up for sale.
  • Bump
    Bump, now with pickup option, with Fishman Rare Earth Blend installed - £850
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Looks stunning! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    It looks like a Schertler pickup in the photos ,if so, how are you getting on with it? 
    edited March 2018
    Chris_J said:
    It looks like a Schertler pickup in the photos ,if so, how are you getting on with it? 
    It is @Chris_J ;, that one is now on my OM Furch and I have a Rare Earth blend that can go on the dreadnought. They're both excellent pickups. The Schertler *looks* nicer
    To the top
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    danishbacon said:
    Do you have a figure WITHOUT Fishman Rare Earth Blend installed? (I'm not a fan of that system.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Yep, it's £650 without the pickup :)
    Up
    Uploaded some new images