ORIGIN FX...OVERDRIVE

What's Hot

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    165x117x59mm seem to be the dimensions.

A fair bit narrower than a big-box SlideRig but a couple of cms deeper

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Forgive me, I still don’t get what this pedal does. It’s a faithful us/uk style Overdrive with all the tone pathway incorporated. So does it have a line out application for direct to p.a. or computer? Will it react well to pedals before it? Can it be used as a clean Marshall/fender into which my pedals go? Or does it go before my modulation pedals? I’m sure it will be as good as the cali76, just please let us hear a demo ASAP. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3038
    lukedlb said:
    Forgive me, I still don’t get what this pedal does. It’s a faithful us/uk style Overdrive with all the tone pathway incorporated. So does it have a line out application for direct to p.a. or computer? Will it react well to pedals before it? Can it be used as a clean Marshall/fender into which my pedals go? Or does it go before my modulation pedals? I’m sure it will be as good as the cali76, just please let us hear a demo ASAP. 

Having read https://origineffects.com/2018/03/01/revivaldrive-announcement/, which bit don't you get?

R. 
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    I think the spec/features look superb.
     It’s had lots ( ?at least 18 months) of R&D. 
    The thought of playing through one is a thrilling prospect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    lukedlb said:

Having read https://origineffects.com/2018/03/01/revivaldrive-announcement/, which bit don't you get?

R. 
    That says a lot of marketing stuff.

Boils down to drive pedal with lots of eq options. Certainly not the first pedal to claim to be amp like.

What's not clear is if there are things like Di out for this reactive load bit (why need reactive load emulation if it's going into a guitar amp that will be loading it's own speaker) etc. Or is it essentially just a drive pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    "The RevivalDRIVE’s unique circuit design incorporates not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load."

And:

"Better still, we’ve built in a range of EQ compensation features that let you fine-tune the output of RevivalDRIVE to suit a range of popular amps – or even plug straight into a flat-response power amp."

So, it emulates preamp, phase inverter, power amp, rectifier stages, synthesises a mains power signal, has a speaker emulator, and can plug straight in to a flat power amp.

Seems quite clear to me.
    What @Teetonetal says. 
    I read the whole spiel and I couldn’t help but hear what I’ve heard a million times before when declaring amp-like Overdrive. However, this is origin effects and I trust they are true to their word. 
    So help me out here:
    is it a pre amp?
    is it a drive pedal?
    is it a drive amp cab sim pedal?
    is it all 3?

i ask since Kingsley pedals are quite clear about their purpose; half the terms used here and in the explanation are quite beyond my knowledge. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    It's basically a sansamp:

Analog emulation of a valve amp with a speaker emulated out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's basically a sansamp:

Analog emulation of a valve amp with a speaker emulated out. 

phew, not for me then.
  • "The RevivalDRIVE’s unique circuit design incorporates not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load."

And:

"Better still, we’ve built in a range of EQ compensation features that let you fine-tune the output of RevivalDRIVE to suit a range of popular amps – or even plug straight into a flat-response power amp."

So, it emulates preamp, phase inverter, power amp, rectifier stages, synthesises a mains power signal, has a speaker emulator, and can plug straight in to a flat power amp.

Seems quite clear to me.

Sounds like a very expansive sansamp. Not a bad thing.  
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    I'd put this in the same camp as the Ethos Overdrive: too much £££ for an overdrive, not practical enough to replace what other digital stuff can do. e.g Helix etc
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7151
    so who's ordered one then? - someone here definitely will have

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't help but feel like they should make (probably are making, to be fair) two seperate drives. I reckon, given the cork sniffery around valve rectifiers, that if they just did the valve side, in Compact Deluxe size, at £200? They'd make an absolute killing.

Sounds pretty good in this video, JLeonardJ is a great player. Not sure it sounds any *better* than any other drive though...
    Can't help but feel like they should make (probably are making, to be fair) two seperate drives. I reckon, given the cork sniffery around valve rectifiers, that if they just did the valve side, in Compact Deluxe size, at £200? They'd make an absolute killing.

Sounds pretty good in this video, JLeonardJ is a great player. Not sure it sounds any *better* than any other drive though...
    he's pretty difficult to watch though. Something tremendously Nathan Barley / Pls Like about him
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This pedal is a game changer!
    It looks really good, but is rather pricey.

I want one, but don't need one (currently using Helix as main rig).

R.
    @robinbowes isn't it just. I struggled for a good while to justify the cost of the chase bliss Brothers but finally countenanced it on the basis that it's essentially six fully midi capable pedals in one.... however this is a good £100+ more than that, and does less... 

It'd certainly have to sound absolutely incredible to justify it's price-tag. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619

calling dibs on Waz's

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JohnPerry said:

calling dibs on Waz's
    :D