SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Kinkade Clifton

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• eddiefrommalverneddiefrommalvern Frets: 6
    edited March 2018
    robwright said:
    Would you do the refret yourself or get Jonny to do it? I would get him to have a look to see what he can do (maybe raise the action with a new saddle?). It sounded so sweet when you played it but I guess a refret won’t change that? 
    Hi Mate, The action height is perfect if you play a certain way, my mate has strong hands and is super fast and he made it ring like a bell, My problem is the strings need to touch or almost touch the board as frets are so low, so if working around a chord shape my grip tends to weaken and I get a slight buzz / dead tone....It is fine up the neck with a capo. Higher frets mean the same amount of pressure pulls the string slightly tighter over the fret and notes ring clear, I also have deep grooves in my fingertips from only using 1 3/4" necks so maybe this is contributing too....A couple of things to try.

Jonny is stacked mate, will see what's what after my Op, but I am a metal man and although I can refinish and work wood, I prefer to leave fretwork and set up to the pros.

Ed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom