Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Thanks @Kebabkid, that's a useful find!

I'm still debating whether to punt for one of these, or keep things simple and grab a used LT. The latter seems more sensible, yet I know I'll end up wanting to pair it up with pedals again in future anyway! The price is the decider here - the HX Fx needs to further from the used LT price to warrant the functional differences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    No worries @guitargeek62 and I was a tad disappointed about the power supply but it's not a deal-breaker but the price is. As we've seen with the bigger units, it's early days now but this will come down in price.
  • I'm also on the fence with this, looks ideal for me, can use it with amps and Kemper. Just wish it was cheaper, could buy a used Lt for the same price. 

If it was £450 I'd buy it today.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Same. £450 and I’d be ordering now. £540+ is almost LT price territory. 
  • Agree about the price but the FX is ideal for me due to its size and the fact I simply would never use the amp modelling.
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    I kind of need a new tuner, chorus and overdrive...so it kind of feels like a single unit that would cover all those bases would be a cool thing. But even at 450 quid, it is probably pricey for my needs. Still fancy one though. :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    I just ordered one. Interested to see how it sounds and works. 

Even at £529 I don't think it's too much. After all, the dual drive and chorus pedals ive been toying with are £390 between them. So the hx will cost less than my modest number of pedals, and hopefully sound good enough and give greater flexability. Let's see........

Personally I have no interest in the LT or full size helix. They do too much and they are simply too big and heavy. So I guess I'm the target market for the hx. Again, let's see.....
    edited March 2018
    The list of effects is impressive and no doubt, as with the Helix, there will be updates and additions.

I've found the manual online and searched through it to see what's available and quite a few from my board are included (Xotic EP, Fulltone OCD etc) but I've yet to hear a good demo of the drives.

@rossyamaha - I have you spent any more time with it and if so, what are your thoughts? Is the power supply (separate) an issue if wanting to use it with your own one - I put up something a couple of posts back?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    The new Andertons review video with Paul Hindmarsh doesn't really help sell the HX Effects, they keep fiddling and piddling about and don't really demo any sensible sounds with it. 

https://youtu.be/6gbgUkQJCyg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    The new Andertons review video with Paul Hindmarsh doesn't really help sell the HX Effects, they keep fiddling and piddling about and don't really demo any sensible sounds with it. 

https://youtu.be/6gbgUkQJCyg
    So much fucking waffling. It's like they're trying to be a chat show about gear. 
  • Struggled to find any playing in amongst that video.
  • I kinda wish they'd started the video as a demo of running the unit as a few pedals into a clean amp and shown some of the sounds rather than the jibber jabber. They could've left the signal path, controller stuff till the end or done a seperqte video
  • m1ck1970m1ck1970 Frets: 53
    Merchant city have them at £499 delivered
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Here's my take on the cost of HX vs LT. They are completely different units. HX exists purely for the people that don't want amp models as well as the size. If your mindset is that LT will be better value for money then spend a little extra and get that. If you're not going to use the amps/ cabs, get the HX, save a bit of cash and space on your board. Like everything, there are options for what you need. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 753
    Anyone using one yet? Few people having issues with noise/booting on the TGP mega-thread
  • Got one. No noise. Updated fine. Full report to follow
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Mine’s on its way back. Same screen error many people are mentioning around + very noisy.. 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What sort of noise are we talking? Is it a ground loop in the 4cm?
    edited March 2018
    This doesn't bode well:(
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    cbellanga said:
    Mine’s on its way back. Same screen error many people are mentioning around + very noisy.. 
    Not seen either of these issues mentioned - link? Not doubting you, I'd just like to know what's occurrin'...
    <space for hire>