Bass Reccommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14322
    nkane said:
    Been looking at the Fender American Vintage 64 Jazz Bass. Any thoughts?
    I tried the AVRI '64 versus its predecessor, the AVRI '62, before purchasing the latter. To be honest, either would have been equally acceptable. I was swayed by the flamed maple on the back of the neck.

For a bass guitarist looking to cover the majority of paid work in one instrument, I suggest the Fender USA Elite Precision Bass.

Sporky said:
    Stingray + Ampeg = Tony Levin *
    FTFY :)

* Ideally, played with a pair of sawn-off drum sticks. Now, what name should a product like that be given? ;)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    edited March 2018
    My guess is that he likes basses with a slimmer neck, so a Stingrary might not be a great choice.
  • nkanenkane Frets: 1
    Thanks for all of you help! It's been very appreciated.
  • nkanenkane Frets: 1
    Ps. I'll let you know what I chose when it arrives
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4945
    There is one bass to end the search for the perfect bass: Fender Precision USA made. It is expensive, sadly, but most recordings you have ever heard feature Precision bass....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Rocker said:
    There is one bass to end the search for the perfect bass: Fender Precision USA made. It is expensive, sadly, but most recordings you have ever heard feature Precision bass....
    Interestingly the best modern P-Bass I’ve ever played is my friend’s Mexican Standard. It just has a fantastic resonance and tone. But they vary - he first had a different one briefly, which luckily he was able to send back... total dog.

Anyway, unless nkane has bought her fiancé a Rickenbacker 4003 then I’m keeping quiet :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I hate to agree with him but a stingray is the king of basses.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Late to the party, but have you @nkane  considered the nearest thing to a Fender, that is G&L? They make a good range of electric basses - this is a link to their USA-range: http://glguitars.com/product-category/fullerton-basses/