What’s your favourite drive pedal?

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16003
    Wampler Tumnus Deluxe or Timmy / Tim
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For me, it's the boss df-2 and the @juansolo blue monster. 

http://stompage.juansolo.co.uk/images/bluemonster-o.jpg

Info from the man himself, as I don't understand:

"Bengt Vallhagen's Blue Monster. A unique distortion that has individual level's and gain's on low and high frequencies coupled with a blended filter pot. It's really rather brilliant and highly recommended."

In short, it's really fun.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    edited March 2018
    Amptweaker Fat Metal + Way Huge Green Rhino

Depending on which guitar I use I'll replace the Green Rhino with a Pharaoh Fuzz. Sometimes all three together.

I am also expecting an S&K VHD pre-amp/distortion pedal (an Ampeg VH140C in stompbox form) from the US very soon which I am very excited about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Boss SD1 but I have a CB Brothers due for delivery today so I reserve the right to change my opinion shortly. 
    How very rock and roll
  • Xotic B.B. and Nobels ODR-1 in a dead heat 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16003
    Ok, would the Moron who has run through each of these valid contributions and put a childish LOL in the box identify themselves and explain why they find them all so funny that they obviously can't stop laughing ........or do we need to wait until Nursery going-home time
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    Free Lol frets, keep it coming.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Yeah don’t worry about it @Dominic. To each their own. Drawing attention to it just gives them the exposure they’re looking for, just let em get on with it pal.
    How very rock and roll
  • Yeah don’t worry about it @Dominic. To each their own. Drawing attention to it just gives them the exposure they’re looking for, just let em get on with it pal.

I noticed. This kind of humour-vacuum needledickery is fairly common on FB.

I bet it's Bonamassa using a secret account, laughing at anyone who uses pedals (even though he's put his name to about 826 of them).
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    Even after various Kingsleys and a couple of Thorpys my favourite remains the Weehbo JTM with the JCM a close second.

But it depends on application.

IMHO the JTM is the best Marshall. The Tech 21 Liverpool is the best Vox. The Bearfoot SYOD3 is the best tweed. Thorpy's Peacekeeper is the best low-gainer or even Klon-type. And I've owned a fair few of the usual suspects in each category.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    I quite like the King of tone V4 (high gain chip on red side only), that I've been using for some time. Very different character but also nice is the Ceriatone Centura clone of a Klon that I recently tried. Which although different from a real Klon as far as I've been told (mainly on pots and diodes used) sounded to me virtually indistinguishable from a real Klon and with a very nice and sweet mid range.
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    Danno transparent overdrive v1. Damn the enclosure though!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Dominic said:
    Ok, would the Moron who has run through each of these valid contributions and put a childish LOL in the box identify themselves and explain why they find them all so funny that they obviously can't stop laughing ........or do we need to wait until Nursery going-home time
    I've been meaning to suggest to Admins for some time, that we ought to have the feature to be able to hover over LOL, Wow! and Wisdom - Facebook style - to see who has left these frets. I think it would help stop the childish trolling and also for members to identify others who are on the same wavelength as them (?).
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • For me it’s the Liquid Sunshine v3. It’s now the only drive pedal on my board, it’s pretty much always switched on unless I need glassy clean, and I just control it from the guitar, and then use a Dickinson boost before it for solos etc. 

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 315
    No suprises here but I just love a ThorpyFX peacekeeper and Gunshot and a Fredric Effects zombie Klone. I use them into a 50watt Marshall Plexi style head but to be honest they are so versatile you can stack them in any order and use any combination of amps and guitars to go all the way from clean boost to all the gain you will ever need whilst retaining dynamics and clarity.

In the future I would love to try some of the pro analog devices stuff
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    JohnPerry said:
    Even after various Kingsleys and a couple of Thorpys my favourite remains the Weehbo JTM with the JCM a close second.

But it depends on application.

IMHO the JTM is the best Marshall. The Tech 21 Liverpool is the best Vox. The Bearfoot SYOD3 is the best tweed. Thorpy's Peacekeeper is the best low-gainer or even Klon-type. And I've owned a fair few of the usual suspects in each category.
    Interesting
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    At the moment it's a Strymon sunset 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Currently Boss GE-7.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    clarkefan said:
    Currently Boss GE-7.
    How strange...I’m just sat here with a newly acquired GE-7 thinking...Bloody hell this is good  :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Boring answer but the only pedal that has never left my board is my BYOC tubescreamer clone. I do want to replace it with a tubescreamer with low end control (ideally a hardwire CM2 if anyone happens to have one for sale!), but it pretty much works to boost anything I've used it with so far, just sometimes thins the low end a bit too much for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom