First Mixer Advice

What's Hot
I'm looking for my first Mixer.
Space is a premium, I use an Ikea desk in the lounge as my "Studio Space"
I have an 88 Key Roland Workstation and a couple of other synths.
I'm looking for a mixer to hook them all up and be able to listen with Phones, but also plug in the little speakers (PC Speakers, not monitors) that I currently use for straight out of my Workstation.
I may also want to put Guitar into it at some point, but that's not a deal breaker.

I'm looking for recommendations with a budget of around £150, not available yet.

I would likely need 2 inputs per synth so only 6 at present, but would probably be looking for at least a 10 input to give me growing room. (thinking of getting another desktop synth later this year). An option to run my PC audio out to it would be good too.

I've looked and the Behringer Xenyx series look to get good reviews in the budget arena, but as I don't see myself needing XLR Mic inputs, or output to a Control room. I wondered if anyone knew of other mixers that would different functions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7735
    Guitar direct will sound crap with a desk. For the other stuff this will do

https://m.thomann.de/gb/allenheath_zed10.htm
  • Guitar direct will sound crap with a desk. For the other stuff this will do

https://m.thomann.de/gb/allenheath_zed10.htm
    Thanks, the chances of me going straight in with a Guitar are slim anyway as I'd likely feed it through my Roland Workstation and apply the FX through that. Or use my Line 6 interface and run Pod Farm with it.

I've never heard of A&H so I'll check them out. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9501
    Allen & Heath, Soundcraft, Mackie and Yamaha all make decent small mixers. It is a bit of a headache though, working out which one has the right combination of features to work best for your setup. Many now will have USB I/O which do the job of an audio interface to get sounds in and out of a computer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, I'll take a look at those brands. I like the A&H Zed series suggested. Looks like it's a good quality build, with nice features.