Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @TTBZ - I have just dropped you a pm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    tone1 said:
    clarkefan said:
    Currently Boss GE-7.
    How strange...I’m just sat here with a newly acquired GE-7 thinking...Bloody hell this is good  :)
    Yeah it's been a revelation to me, I had no idea just how good an eq is pushing a driven amp :)  So flexible, very tiny changes in the faders make a huge difference in sound.  Huge discovery for me, no overdrive pedal required :)  
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Liquid Sunshine

I'm going to try the Keeley Super Phat Mod today, which i'll probably end up going for if its as good in the flesh.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444

OCD on 18V

I'd like to try some of the Bluesbreaker derived pedals like POT/KOT or the JHS Morning Glory.  A Mk1 Bluesbreaker is the one pedal I regret selling.  Not going to get one now though given the prices they go for.  Might build myself something based on a Bluesbreaker.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

EQD Palisades, the only drive pedal I've kept since getting Helix (along with 1 juansolo fuzz).

For me its a swiss army knife for colouring and driving an already driven Marshall style amp, be it the victory kraken, old JCM800, amp sims in helix, or whatever ropey backline is provided.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Mad Professor LGW - long after any hype around this pedal has evaporated it’s still my go to and has been on my board for about 6/7 years whilst everything around it has changed. It’s the mid-gain anchor point for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27954
    Subdecay Liquid Sunshine for just-breaking-up stuff.

Zoom Hyperlead for crunch to full-on rawkstortion.

Zoom Ultra Fuzz for paint-stripping insanity.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Ibanez Tubescreamer Mini. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    Sporky said:

And the sound of some sort of virtual abattoir where digital pigs are slaughtered. Slowly.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:

And the sound of some sort of virtual abattoir where digital pigs are slaughtered. Slowly.
    Normally I'd object to the use of "digital" to describe a sound, particularly from an all-analogue pedal, but here I think it is both apt and amusing.

Of course, I should have just said "Valvesporker".
    Sporky said:

Normally I'd object to the use of "digital" to describe a sound, particularly from an all-analogue pedal, but here I think it is both apt and amusing.

Surely a valves porker is the opposite of a digital pig.

Back when I had an Ultra Fuzz, it made me feel guilt, self-loathing and nausea on more than one occasion, such were the "animal in distress" noises it made. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

Surely a valves porker is the opposite of a digital pig.

Back when I had an Ultra Fuzz, it made me feel guilt, self-loathing and nausea on more than one occasion, such were the "animal in distress" noises it made. 
    The Ultrafuzz and a TIM are my long term mainstays that are unlikely to get displaced any time soon.

However, I would like to point out to those that have not experienced an Ultrafuzz before that although digital porcine genocide (that's going on my list of potential future band names btw) is super fun, the Ultrafuzz is capable of way more subtle and useful stuff, I've even used it as a pretty decent clean boost when the Tim had a "issue" mid gig.

Wonderful pedal and leads me to wonder if anyone makes a clone of it?  I could use a spare I think as it's getting a bit old now.
    Flanging_Fred said:

I would like to point out to those that have not experienced an Ultrafuzz before that although digital porcine genocide (that's going on my list of potential future band names btw) is super fun, the Ultrafuzz is capable of way more subtle and useful stuff
    Indeed it does. If all it had to offer was Milgram Experiment style sounds of unpleasantness happening just out of sight it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did on my board. Big-Muffy and Fuzz-Facey sounds aplenty, and the potential for much more controlled chaos.

Wonderful pedal and leads me to wonder if anyone makes a clone of it?  I could use a spare I think as it's getting a bit old now.
    Doubt there's a clone; they're all SMD and pretty complex. About three to four times the component count of a TS type I'd say.

You'd need a big box to do it all through-hole.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2891
    edited March 2018
    This is making me want to find an Ultra Fuzz now. I love a ridiculous fuzz pedal. Have a fuzz war but it's actually fairly tame, it's more of a big muff with weird cocked wah/filtery sound mids.
    I've had a full set of the Zooms up for sale for months now!
  • Sporky said:
    Doubt there's a clone; they're all SMD and pretty complex. About three to four times the component count of a TS type I'd say.

You'd need a big box to do it all through-hole.
    I suspected as much, it does give the impression that's it's way more complex than your run of the mill dirt pedal.

I wonder what the closest comparable pedal is without going down the route of the rather unpredictable Fuzz Factory? 
    TS with a feedback loop and supply sag gets surprisingly close.
  • tone1 said:
    clarkefan said:
    Currently Boss GE-7.
    How strange...I’m just sat here with a newly acquired GE-7 thinking...Bloody hell this is good  :)

Isn't it strange how these were once a staple pedal, and now eq pedals are so out of fashion it's odd to see one? They can do so much! 

Sporky said:
    TS with a feedback loop and supply sag gets surprisingly close.

Great fun ;) loves a valvesporker  

Those zoom pedals are ace. I sold my metal distortion as I was matching the sound I wanted with a cheaper digitech pedal but it was seriously capable. The ultra fuzz is staying though - good for paint stripping, thick rhythm, dying animal noises and braining any intruders to the house (it's heavier than your average brick).
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Expandora... been on my board above all others for about the last 4 years... nowt better tbh!...