Recommended uk stockist for Cioks?

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 789
I’m after a DC5 and I know Hotrox do them, my previous dealings have been fine but was wondering if anyone’s bought Cioks stuff elsewhere in the UK?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 106
    I bought a DC5 from Bax - it takes a few more days but was cheaper. I'm not a huge fan of Hotrox, had some iffy service with valves once but I've used them since and they've been fine.
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    I got mine from Bax as well hassle free 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Honestly Noisy, your touchtyping isn't what it was!

I always just go with whoever is gets the best rating in the trade magazine:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7c/1e/fa/7c1efa5824afc03115248a540d9613a7.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    I’ve bought from Hotrox (2 of - Powerfactor2 and dc10).

Recently I bought a DC10 from Thomann because it was marginally cheaper, but they packed it in nothing and it was damaged in transit. The faff of returning overseas (and thomanns terrible returns process) reminded me its sometimes better to buy local (ish), so I bought another DC10 from Hotrox which arrived next day.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I used hotrox too without drama. 
    I have been back several times for all the additional cables too. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I don't like HotRox after previous dealings 

Thomann or Bax have always been great for me
  • Thanks all for the responses. I might try calling Hotrox to check stock and see how I go from there 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    I bought a Cioks DC-10 from Chris at custompedalboards (he's a forum member) but looking at his website, he's only showing that model and the AC-10 at the moment but both service and price were great. It might be worth trying him to see if he can get one in.

www.custompedalboards.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom