New Moog DFAM, drum module

Seems Moog are expanding this line. Apparently the is a BFAM in the works as well.

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/semi-modular/dfam-drummer-another-mother
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ...though, monophonic drum machine presents significant “challenges”, especially for a man who favours fast closed high hats. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    hmm, I missed that it's monophonic. You need two then ;)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    edited January 2018
    There was an e-mail shot earlier today from a UK retailer, announcing that they are taking pre-orders.

Perhaps, the most practical approach is to do a Vince Clarke. Create your own percussive sounds then, sample them.
    Be seeing you.
  • TR8 for the win
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    I want one of these and I already own way too many drum machines for the little time I have to program them.

TR8
    Rytm
    R8
    ER1 Mk II
    Circuit

But, it would be cool to use with my Mother 32, so think I will probably get one of these at some point.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited March 2018
    TR8 for the win
    TR8S for the even more win.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2018
    Do what I do and just purchase uncompressed samples from all the classic vintage drum machines. Then run them through external hardware fx (like a Deco) and back into your daw.