Musik Produktiv - Cheeky Bar Stewards :o(

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
I must admit I'm just a little pi$$ed off at the moment.

A couple of days ago I ordered an Ibanez BT33 Bass from Musik Produktiv in Germany via their Amazon UK portal.

The bass I ordered looks like this:

But the bass I received looks like this:

Can you spot the difference?

Yep the mahogany fingerboard that sits between the two picks is completely missing. In fact I don't this it has ever been installed on this bass. This was one of the key feature that steered me into buying the bass.

I purchased the instrument as brand new... and this is the box that it came in:

No documents, guarantee slips. no allen keys for the double truss rods.
Personally I think this is well out of order and I have demanded a refund... which was at noon today.

No response 6 hours later so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Amazon state if I've not heard anything from the seller in 2 working days I can raise a dispute.

Any of you chaps has to return expensive items to an Amazon hosted seller who are based abroad?
I'd be interested to see how it went.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Complain to Amazon if they don't give you satisfaction.
    They will sort it out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    I'm hoping that too @octatonic which is why I bought the bass through the Amazon portal just in case of shenanigans like  this.
  • When Amazon tell you that you've got to wait to raise a dispute, that's bollocks. Raise it right away, as doing so will start another 15 day clock before they do anything. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    You’ve got a right to return within 14 days anyway, even if you just changed your mind.
  • You’ve got a right to return within 14 days anyway, even if you just changed your mind.
    That too. Raise a return for goods not as described. 

edited March 2018
    I've tried to raise the dispute but Amazon are blocking it until two business days are up.. At least I'm not near the weekend.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    I've tried to raise the dispute but Amazon are blocking it until two business days are up.. At least I'm not near the weekend.
    In which case, don't raise a dispute. Just raise a return. They can't legally stop you. 

equalsql said:
    In which case, don't raise a dispute. Just raise a return. They can't legally stop you. 
    Yep trying that but this is what I get:

Return pending seller approval
    If you haven't heard from them in 2 business days you may be eligible to File a claim.
  • I'd be on the chat / phone right now reminding Amazon of your statutory rights. You don't need a reason to cancel, but in this case you have a reason that means the seller should pick up the shipping fees.

They can't change the law. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    This won't be a problem, the item is not as described and you can show this, Amazon has your back. Whatever you do, do not pay to send it back either, this is the sellers fault, so why should you be put out in any way.

I've had two incidents with this like Amazon, on both occasions Amazon actually interacted with both the seller and buyer, took in the information and forced the seller to refund and sort out collection of the item, on one occasion because the box was damaged and the seller kept demanding I go out to super markets looking for an appropriate box to return it in, Amazon refunded the whole lot and said don't interact with the seller again, and don't worry about it and I still have the item, if the seller didn't arrange collection within a set time scale (I think it's 45 days) the item is written off (something to do with the terms and conditions the seller signs up to to sell through amazon, it's "amazons" property or something like that, and they just wrote it off.

Thanks for that @darcym. I'm hoping the seller does the right thing, but I'm glad that Amazon's got my back.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited March 2018
    Musik Produktiv are ok IME, though as with all the German box-shifting retailers making sales into the UK they are very process driven and everything seems to take a minimum of a couple of days to happen. 

Having said that Darcym is correct - ultimately Amazon will always see you right, it just takes longer with marketplace sellers as they have to give them reasonable time to respond, whereas you get an instant resolution from Amazon for their own goods.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Is there any purpose to having such an exaggerated upper horn; to balance on the strap perhaps?
    JezWynd said:
    Is there any purpose to having such an exaggerated upper horn; to balance on the strap perhaps?
    Indeed. This particular BTB bass is pretty unique in that it is strung from E to C and has a 33 inch scale length. This means It's designed for more chordal and lead playing.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    edited March 2018
    Mate, youll be fine.

Just chill. No aggression or ‘legal right’ stuff needed.

Amazon are superb. Give it the 48 hours and then contact Amazon through live CHAT... be nice to the person on the other end and it will be sorted.

Superb customer service.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670

The mahogany "fingerboard" is called a ramp, and is used to aid/speed up right-hand technique - I've made a couple in the past but got so used to the way of playing with one that I managed without on the next bass.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Thanks chaps.
    Musik Produktiv have admittd to the mistake and authorisd the return at their expense.
    They sent me the postage label so I can just return it like a convential Amazon return.
    Hopefully the refund will be just as efficient.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71954
    I actually wonder why they don't just send you the ramp and the screws! It would be a piece of cake to fit it.

But if they're going to replace it, hopefully the new one will have nice wood grain that actually bears some resemblance to the picture as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    I actually wonder why they don't just send you the ramp and the screws! It would be a piece of cake to fit it.

But if they're going to replace it, hopefully the new one will have nice wood grain that actually bears some resemblance to the picture as well...
    I think it was the last one they had because the BTB33s are have been discontinued, Amazon look like they're going to refund me the money.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I buy alot from Musik-Produktiv as they have a Swiss office. Direct I've always had exceptional service and whilst I have need to return a couple of items, they've dealt with it extremely quickly, you'll be fine. I imagine it's a stocking code error. (this was one of the issues I had, they sent me a brunetti singleman instead of a pleximan... did end up buying both)