Back in the Workshop

What's Hot

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Hey Graham, great work as always! Do you make any SG-style guitars?
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    rexter said:
    Yes I do make SG's, have none in stock I'm at the moment.  

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    Been away for a few days my short weekend away turned into a long one, so not much done in the workshop. However, what I have done today is to sort out a loads of necks that I'm going to put into my next Black Friday sale. Some of the necks in the photo below are already sold. But most of them have no homes to go to yet. If I have time I will try to match up some bodies to go with the necks.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    GSPBASSES said:
    Been away for a few days my short weekend away turned into a long one, so not much done in the workshop. However, what I have done today is to sort out a loads of necks that I'm going to put into my next Black Friday sale. Some of the necks in the photo below are already sold. But most of them have no homes to go to yet. If I have time I will try to match up some bodies to go with the necks.

You're going to make us wait until November? :)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    PVO_Dave said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Ha ha, agreed, we want quality necks at discount prices, and we want them NOW !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FlametopFlametop Frets: 52
    GSPBASSES said:

If any of the telecaster necks are available (with or without body) I'd be interested please.

Missed out on the last Black Friday due to dithering :)

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    rexter said:
    Yes I do make SG's, have none in stock I'm at the moment.  
    Cheers! It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a few years. Really like them but the standard Gibson models don’t excite me much. Good to know you’re there when I’m should have some funds for a build!
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited March 2018
    I'be always fancied building a 54ish Gold Top with wraparound bridge and humbucker routes? Is this something you would consider Graham? Would make good company for the DC Junior you did for me?
    tFB Trader
    PVO_Dave said:
    GSPBASSES said:

No, as soon as I sorted out the necks that are already sold, I will then photograph the ones that are left and put an ad up with all the specifications Very few of these if any are "B" grade so not going to be ultra cheap, I will discount them, but not as much as my last black Friday sale. What I would say is if there's anything in particular, you're looking at, then PM me as I've already sold a couple of the necks in the photo. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Flametop said:
    GSPBASSES said:

If any of the telecaster necks are available (with or without body) I'd be interested please.

Missed out on the last Black Friday due to dithering :)

The T/C neck front row second from the left roasted maple has a small repair. If you look where the A tuner will be I chipped it when I drilled it, so this neck will go for a good price. It will be matched up to a thin line "F" hole T/C. The T/C body is Swamp that with a flamed maple cap with white binding. Unfortunately I can't do much in the workshop at the moment because of the low temperatures, the main workshop where the overhead router is, that I do most my work on, has no heating and as is -2 in there today and yesterday so not much is going happen until it warms up a bit. If this is the sort of thing you're interested in PM me and we will sort it out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    Well that cold snap certainly slowed us down last week, didn't really get anything done. My main workshop that the overhead router is in only has a electric heater, as it's too small to have a gas heater in, unfortunately I can't run the heater and the overhead router same time tends to pop a fuse. 

I have managed to finish the thin line tele with the Brazilian Rosewood cap.

0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 379
    Wow, that is a thing of beauty - marvellous work.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Yes, you get a proper WOW!! from me on rosewood capped thinline - great work Graham.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    That' s lovely
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    So glad you're back in business, @GSPBASSES ;. I'm really looking forward to my Jazzmaster. If you fancy slipping some of that dark, old rosewood onto it, be my guest!
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader

Didn't get a huge amount done this week, the Telecaster with the Brazilian Rosewood cap is now gone off the customer, and two necks, one Strat one Tele goes off to forum member tomorrow. Did manage to spend huge amounts of money on Rosewood for necks, also purchased 10 planks of rock maple, hoping to get about 40 necks out them, this Maple will not be used till next year.

Workshops will be close now for about five days, a friend of mine comes out of hospital tomorrow. I will be going to pick them up. They have't got any relatives who live nearby, so I will stay with them for at least a week, or until I'm sure they can look after their self and they got over their operation

Forum members who have orders with me, I will try to get them out as soon as I can when I'm back in the workshop in a weeks time.

I've mentioned several times about buying some very old rosewood that's about 70 years old, but most likely much older.  I've now purchased a fingerboard that's considerably older than that 3200 years old. It's bog oak, has been carbon dated. Is very black but also very pretty, unfortunately, it doesn't photograph very well because is quite shiny, not too sure what I'm going to with it yet. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    i'd be really interesred in bog oak for fretboard s, let me know what that's like 

I know someone that made a table out of it and back and side sets etc but not fretboards 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    A couple of jobs finished this week, a Jazzmaster made from American red Alder, with a Birdseye Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard, plus one Strat neck and one Telecaster neck, both Maple/Rosewood.

• SporkySporky Frets: 27570
    GSPBASSES said:

That one at the bottom right is particularly lovely. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    tFB Trader

Few photos of what I've made recently.

Custom T/C made from Swamp Ash with a roasted Maple neck, this is slightly different to the norm, as the body is fully chambered as per a F hole T/C. The body weighs just over 2lb.

Stratocaster made from lightweight American red Alder with a Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard. Jazzmaster made from lightweight American red Alder, neck made from Maple with Ebony fingerboard.

Two custom Swamp Ash T/C's as the first picture these are fully chambered and only weigh 2lb.. Both the bodies have white banding  back and front. One neck is made from flame Maple with a flame Maple fingerboard, the other is roasted Maple with roasted Maple fingerboard.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom