Chase Bliss Brothers owners. Can you answer a question for me please?

benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
edited March 2018 in FX
Got mine last week, love the sounds BUT does anyone notice a distinct, momentary drop out of the signal when engaging the second channel? 

I only had a cursory few hours at home before I took it to a practice session last week and it was doing my head in. I didn't have chance to change the stacking options to see if it was specific to how I had it set up so I'm going to have a proper go at it this week to see if it applies to all/any of the other possible stacking options.

I'm the most unfussy player in these sort of things but at this price it seems a silly thing to overlook in the making of it. Has anyone else had this experience?
How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi mate - Joel from Chase Bliss has explained this. There is a millisecond lag when changing channels to prevent any pop, and also I believe he said there is a bit of lag between the micro-controller and the analog circuitry which can't really be avoided.

In summary, it's intentional and nothing to worry about. It shouldn't be *that* noticeable - Joel is very responsive to emails (i've had casual, non-support related chats with him over email when asking about particular functions on one of his pedals) and will be happy to help you or even service the pedal if its really bothering you.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Hmmmm well I will have a play around this week before next practice. The switches are soft which I assumed would have gotten rid of any popping but I guess not eh?

As I said above I am the least fussy person when it comes to stuff like this but after dropping that much cash on a dirt pedal its pretty annoying. I had a Strymon Sunset and the CB pisses all over it in terms of sounds but this is an annoying.... 
    How very rock and roll
    I'm just updating this for anyone who may be searching like I was. I carried out a proper, rigorous testing of the Brothers last night ;-) and it does in fact have the noticeable drop in all the different stacking configurations (I'm sure I missed some but I went through them methodically!)

To me its silly and very noticeable at practice/gigging volume as well as at home levels. I absolutely love the sounds, I cant fault them at all but this is a real downer - especially at this price. If it is engineered to be there then I don't see any reason why this is better than a standard "popping" switch - I personally think its worse.

Having said all that I am going to keep it. I'll just have to work the switching into breaks/rests i.e. when I'm not playing so to avoid it being so noticeable.  
    How very rock and roll
  • I'm just updating this for anyone who may be searching like I was. I carried out a proper, rigorous testing of the Brothers last night ;-) and it does in fact have the noticeable drop in all the different stacking configurations (I'm sure I missed some but I went through them methodically!)

To me its silly and very noticeable at practice/gigging volume as well as at home levels. I absolutely love the sounds, I cant fault them at all but this is a real downer - especially at this price. If it is engineered to be there then I don't see any reason why this is better than a standard "popping" switch - I personally think its worse.

Having said all that I am going to keep it. I'll just have to work the switching into breaks/rests i.e. when I'm not playing so to avoid it being so noticeable.  
    I'd really encourage emailing Joel - he might be able to do something about it. After all they're hand made to a large extent, it could be that theres too much of a gap on yours.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    Can’t say I’ve ever noticed it, but mine is fully operated via midi, and I only switch presets at natural l break points anyway. Certainly hasn’t registered as a problem. 
    I'm just updating this for anyone who may be searching like I was. I carried out a proper, rigorous testing of the Brothers last night ;-) and it does in fact have the noticeable drop in all the different stacking configurations (I'm sure I missed some but I went through them methodically!)

I'd really encourage emailing Joel - he might be able to do something about it. After all they're hand made to a large extent, it could be that theres too much of a gap on yours.
    Ah yeah must admit that slipped my mind after you suggested it. I will drop him/them an email.

i feel bad complaining but I really do think that it’s noticeable. I’m also saving £££’s for a Thermae in a couple of months so I hope there isn’t the same issue coming up with those.

But it let’s see what happens maybe mine could be tweaked to be less noticeable? I’ll keep this updated.  
    How very rock and roll
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    I must say, I never even noticed it on mine...
    I must say, I never even noticed it on mine...
    Fucking hell if you haven’t noticed it maybe I do have a faulty one!!!! ;-)
    How very rock and roll