an un-modified Dread in Cedar / Mahogany

What's Hot
AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
I'm impressed with the interweb sound of this guitar by Nigel Forster, I'd heard a Dread by him a  few yrs ago that I thought was a very fine sounding instrument - so much so I can remember it outa all the guitars ;ve heard in that time.
If u can handle the Dread 'box' then this would make a superb soloist instrument.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    I always like Cedar-topped guitars when I try them.

I think they do max-out quite quickly under heavy right arm strumming but they have such a sweet sound generally 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Sounds very warm. I would have liked to hear more treble/high end in the performance though. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    One vote here for cedar mahogany combo.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    Wow - great sounding instrument. It would be interesting to see it's potential to pull brighter tones from it through pick and string choice, picking hand position etc. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Sounds very warm doesn’t it. Very nice.
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    Got a heads up email from Nigel about it - ex workshop - seems he's selling it 'Ex Demo' -
    "The guitar is a few months old and has been used by Ian in the studio. She certainly has been well looked after but I can't sell her as a new guitar. 

This guitar can be shipped worldwide as she contains no CITES restricted woods. The back and sides are khaya mahogany, as is the neck. the soundboard is Western red cedar. The binding and head veneers are all rocklite - a modern ebony substitute.

The guitar is ready to go - If you'd like to buy it, please send me an email, with your name and country and any questions you might have. "

get in there  =)

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9592
    He'll never sell it if he keeps referring to it as she/her.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Also I want to hear someone crap playing it for a more accurate idea of what it might it sound like in the real world.