When does it end?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    PFAllen2 said:

Now I just need a small, lightweight power amp to go with it and I'm done. While I'm waiting for one of those, though, my Rocktron Velocity 120 does the job perfectly well.
    I just love the fact that you still have a shopping list, even if there is only one item on it! Agree about the Helix, may I ask what speakers you are using?
    Matrix NL212 - it's a brilliant-sounding cab, and light as anything.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't looked at anything since getting the hx effects and its nearly been a week!

Oh no. I tell a lie. I bought a POD xt on ebay for £30. Why? I don't know and I don't know why I was looking either.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

It never ends !!

A year ago I used a single channel amp and a tuner pedal. if I was feeling tech savvy I'd throw an OD pedal in the bag.

Now I've gone fractal - the AX8 scratched an itch for a month - now I have an Axe FX 2 on its way.

Now I look forward to the band looking at me in each song mouthing 'WTF sound is that thing making now'

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

As with others on here - ended for me with Fractal.

AX8 in June has meant I've not bought a single pedal since, and am the happiest I've been.

Axe-FX III is on order, but that will be all I need until the IV, which means I'm buying something once every 3-4 years which I can live with.

It's not about buying being a better player, it's about investing in a hobby which gives me tremendous pleasure - nothing wrong with that if you can afford it.

And I've learnt an amazing amount about my hobby whilst experimenting with pedals/sounds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I honestly feel like when you find the right digital unit then it can be quite frustrating to go back to pedals.

I'm using a pedalboard rig right now for rehearsals and some sound changes are 3 taps, which is quite distracting when you're just trying to play guitar.

If I could justify buying a second Axe FX 2, or even an AX8 I'd totally do that.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I'm grateful I don't feel like most of you. The idea of owning something like a Helix, FX8 etc is almost paralysing, I can't compute. Give me a few basic decent pedals that have a few knobs and I'm done, I enjoy exploring the nuances subtle changes in settings can make. Anything more than that and my brain sort of rebels :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Don't we buy the gear because we think if we use it we will be better? Or use the same gear as X because it will make us sound like X?

I know I did/do/will.

When I used to get frustrate with my pedals and my tone, I just used the two channels on the amp. I live in the country for a time with no neighbours and the best overdrive is volume.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Fucksake. Now I want a Fractal. I HATE YOU FRETBOOOAAAAAARD!!!!!
    Let's save you the bother. It won't help.  From reading your musings on helix, it feels to me that mfx, no matter how good are more of a hindrance than help to your playing. Save yourself the hassle and stick to what you know you like.
  • There are definitely people who do better on single stomps.

I just know I'd rather have access to 20 controls and use 4 than have a pedal with 3 controls and never quite get what I was after.  And I would rather any sound change was just one stomp - actually I think that's the main one for me as I'll compromise on the sound within reason but tap dancing isn't really my thing.