Jamie Carragher spitting

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1563
Anyone else think the footage looks like the driver was holding the phone which filmed it? Particularly at the end when he's saying 'nice'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Who is this guy?
    Genuine question and I'm too lazy to google.
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    horse said:
    Anyone else think the footage looks like the driver was holding the phone which filmed it? Particularly at the end when he's saying 'nice'
    I don’t know, but I do know that spitting at someone who is pointing a camera at you when you’re a famous ‘celebrity’ on a lucrative contract with a major broadcaster is a pretty bad idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    horse said:
    Both sides had dubious behaviour, why you’d drive alongside someone and wind your window down to shout abuse at them while driving is beyond me. But Carraghers response shows how out of touch of what’s considered normal behaviour footballers are.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    3 questions after watching the the vid
    Who was holding the camera?
    Is spitting at someone not classed as assault?
    Is he wearing a seatbelt?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Disgusting from Carragher, but the driver is a twat.

Provoked a guy, whilst filming everything, whilst driving, whilst having his daughter in the car.  Quality guy.

Both have acted like pricks.  Driver got what he wanted, money from papers and Carragher in trouble.  Hope he gets the points and fine.  I also hope Carragher gets in trouble for assault, but keeps his job.

(I'm a United fan btw, in case I sound bias).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    edited March 2018
    In mitigation, I think you are liable to get covered in spit whenever Carragher is talking in your direction, so this incident might be considered as nothing unusual.

As a Liverpool fan, he really annoys me at times with some of the stuff he comes out with on Sky Sports, however he is probably the best pundit there, which is maybe just a sad indictment of the poor quality of the rest of them.... 

Hope he stays, but would be surprised if they can keep him after that...
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11674
    Carragher has been in the public eye for years, moment of incredibly poor judgement from him there, probably will end his career as a pundit as well.

The driver sounds like a total asshat however, and as others say, hope the police nail him if he was holding the phone while driving.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1391
    The most telling thing in that video is at the end when the daughter says something like “just stop it”

As @joeyowen says both Carragher and the dad acted like pricks.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited March 2018
    A twat goads a twat into acting like a twat.  Pretty much sums football up nowadays 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    The dad's a total cunt. He's goaded Carragher into reacting. The daughter's heard telling him to stop it. The dad is filming it on his phone, by the looks of it. Not condoning Carragher's reaction, at all. End of the day, he's a grown man, and he's made a choice to react. Only one I sympathise with is the girl.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Spitting at someone is a disgusting thing to do, no excuse for it. Carragher should have just rose above such trivial nonsense instead of behaving like a teenage thug.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Yeah, I wasn't meaning it made carraghers spitting any less revolting - just that sharing the footage seems to implicate the driver for a criminal act too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Fans have been excusing footballers spitting on the pitch for years, its no surprise one does it off the pitch too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    usedtobe said:
    The dad's a total cunt. He's goaded Carragher into reacting. The daughter's heard telling him to stop it. The dad is filming it on his phone, by the looks of it. Not condoning Carragher's reaction, at all. End of the day, he's a grown man, and he's made a choice to react. Only one I sympathise with is the girl.
    Totally agree. Carragher acted like a bell end, wind window up, turn music up, drive on. 

The dad, what a total asshole on every level. What a sh*t parent. JC will probably lose his job hopefully the dad will get hung out to dry by the papers as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    horse said:
    Yeah, I wasn't meaning it made carraghers spitting any less revolting - just that sharing the footage seems to implicate the driver for a criminal act too
    Oh yeah, the driver was obviously a bit of muppet to say the least. The girl had more brains than the pair of them.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Both classy guys, football demonstrating once again just how far we’ve come since the cave man. Both are getting too much air time and taking up too much oxygen IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    In sport spitting does seem to be exclusive to footballers. I remember listening to an ear nose and throat consultant on the radio saying that spitting during physical exertion served no purpose and was unnecessary. You see them standing on the sidelines waiting to come on the pitch as substitute, spitting before they've actually done anything. Disgusting. Sums the game up really.  
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Horrible behaviour, but I don’t think it follows that one pundits behaviour necessarily speaks for all the players in the football league.  Not saying football players behaviour should be defended, but in this case let’s judge the individual, not everybody in his previous profession.

Especially when his colleage is doing things like this (which incidentally got less press that the incident here)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/12/gary-neville-hotel-for-homeless-was-purely-the-right-thing-to-do

Carrgher has always been a twat, to be fair.  He should be sacked, which is a pity as he’s a reasonable pundit.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Dirty cunt. I’ve never even contemplated spitting at anyone before - it’s disgusting.

I’d rather take a punch than someone else’s bodily fluids...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The video clearly shows someone using a mobile phone in their hand whilst driving.

I am surprised the police aren’t “interested” given the coverage.