The "follow me on instagram" guitar player starter pack:

Teeheeheehee.
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    JEPBLEP said:
    /via /r/guitarpedals:

The "follow me on instagram" guitar player starter pack:

Teeheeheehee.

At the risk of making people think I didn't get the joke, I don't think whoever made this knows what the "complicated true bypass looper from That Pedal Show" actually does if he thinks having true bypass pedals has anything to do with it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3036

Pretty much reached capacity.

Next stop is a Pedaltrain and a decent PSU

I've got a large CPB G2 board for sale, with a lift-off lid and a hinged tier.

It's in mint condition - I bought it to replace a Pedaltrain, then left the band I was in and stopped gigging. The next band I joined didn't need so many pedal options, and then I got a Helix, so it's actually never been out of my house.

It looks something like this: https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/G2-Cases-medium-populated24.jpg?v=79cba1185463

Mine has space on the right for three expression pedals.

Any interest?

R.

• Pretty much reached capacity.

I've got a large CPB G2 board for sale, with a lift-off lid and a hinged tier.

It's in mint condition - I bought it to replace a Pedaltrain, then left the band I was in and stopped gigging. The next band I joined didn't need so many pedal options, and then I got a Helix, so it's actually never been out of my house.

It looks something like this: https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/G2-Cases-medium-populated24.jpg?v=79cba1185463

Mine has space on the right for three expression pedals.

Any interest?

R.

Thanks but I want something with slats so I can run cables underneath
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7761

Pretty much reached capacity.

You could easily put an ES-8 on there to run everything if you arrange things carefully. 

You could easily put an ES-8 on there to run everything if you arrange things carefully. 
    Weirdly I don't mind the tap dancing
  • JEPBLEP said:
    VJIves said:
    The right hand side of that board is like a Greatest Hits of Gain!

Fun times! And in the day light:

How's that Sputnik? Spaceman Effects get so much high praise and the prices are ridiculous! Demos of Sputnik and Aphelion sound good though...
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    JEPBLEP said:
    VJIves said:
    The right hand side of that board is like a Greatest Hits of Gain!

Fun times! And in the day light:

How's that Sputnik? Spaceman Effects get so much high praise and the prices are ridiculous! Demos of Sputnik and Aphelion sound good though...
    Love it. More versatile than the NG-2, but a lot more temperamental - to stay on theme in the analogy,  pending Mars aligning with Jupiter’s moons. 

Germanium fuzzes eh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    I'd started a new originals band, so a new board has been made.

http://i.imgur.com/CRjEVac.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Kylef said:
    I'd started a new originals band, so a new board has been made.

http://i.imgur.com/CRjEVac.jpg
    Some "proper" choices there @kylef ; ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

What do you use the M5 for?

Tap tempo tremolo, particle verb, auto swell and any other random effects not covered by the rest of the board. It's a handy swiss army knife pedal
    Tap tempo tremolo, particle verb, auto swell and any other random effects not covered by the rest of the board. It's a handy swiss army knife pedal

Yes it is. It doesn't necessarily do everything brilliantly, but it does most things well enough to cover effects you don't want often.

The only thing that makes it more useful (apart from being able to sync it to other pedals via MIDI) is having a way to move it around the signal chain to best utilize all the stuff it can do- you'd want it at the end for reverbs, but not for modulations, and definitely not for pitch shifting or some of the filters. I've got mine in a loop switching gizmo not unlike the Bright Onion Dual Reverse Looper

• jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
    edited March 2018

Yes it is. It doesn't necessarily do everything brilliantly, but it does most things well enough to cover effects you don't want often.

The only thing that makes it more useful (apart from being able to sync it to other pedals via MIDI) is having a way to move it around the signal chain to best utilize all the stuff it can do- you'd want it at the end for reverbs, but not for modulations, and definitely not for pitch shifting or some of the filters. I've got mine in a loop switching gizmo not unlike the Bright Onion Dual Reverse Looper
    Yeah agree!

Signal flow on my board for anyone interested is Buffer > Tuner > POG > Fairfield Comp > Timmy Clone > Uber Bee > Fuzz > SHO clone > M5 > Chorus > TImeline > H9 > BlueSky > RV5 > Ditto X2

The H9 is used for reverbs and delays
    @jonnygreentrees have you tried synchronizing the M5/H9/Timeline via MIDI?

I've done that with my DD-500 and M5s- I've turned off synchronous patch changing, but use MIDI clock sometimes to sync delays to the stuff the M5s do, which is fun.

• jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
    edited March 2018

I've done that with my DD-500 and M5s- I've turned off synchronous patch changing, but use MIDI clock sometimes to sync delays to the stuff the M5s do, which is fun.

no but I'd like to do that in the future! need to be sensible and get a new board and a decent PSU first. I'm currently running 5 adapters!

what do you use for MIDI control?

no but I'd like to do that in the future! need to be sensible and get a new board and a decent PSU first. I'm currently running 5 adapters!

At the moment, just the DD-500, and just for MIDI clock, via a MIDI THRU under the board. That way the tap tempo switch for the DD-500 functions as a master tap tempo input for all the MIDI pedals, even if the DD-500 isn't on.

The DD-500 can also send Patch Change messages, but only ones that correspond to the patch on the DD-500- so if it's on patch #1, it can tell another processor to also change to patch #1. I suspect the Timeline will do the same sort of things.

Eventually I'd like to be able to do more with MIDI on my board. It seems a bit half-arsed to have complex MIDI control over a few pedals and still have to tap dance on the rest, but finding something that'll do the combination of switching and PC/CC messaging I want is looking expensive...

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7150

At the moment, just the DD-500, and just for MIDI clock, via a MIDI THRU under the board. That way the tap tempo switch for the DD-500 functions as a master tap tempo input for all the MIDI pedals, even if the DD-500 isn't on.

The DD-500 can also send Patch Change messages, but only ones that correspond to the patch on the DD-500- so if it's on patch #1, it can tell another processor to also change to patch #1. I suspect the Timeline will do the same sort of things.

Eventually I'd like to be able to do more with MIDI on my board. It seems a bit half-arsed to have complex MIDI control over a few pedals and still have to tap dance on the rest, but finding something that'll do the combination of switching and PC/CC messaging I want is looking expensive...
    Morningstar MC6 
  • @jonnygreentrees have you tried synchronizing the M5/H9/Timeline via MIDI?

Morningstar MC6 
    Is it easy enough to program?