£11k PRS Private Stock nicked from Peach Guitars - should be tough to shift, keep your eyes open...

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    I know how they feel - So sorry John and the guys at Peach - Feels like a serious gig in the groin - Will certainly keep an eye open - Thanks for the posting and detailed info @Whitecat ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

That'll be a commissioned theft.

I hope they do find it though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Wow that has to hurt, hope their insurance covers it. Best of luck getting it back.
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    Wow. I'm gobsmacked. But that must be more than enough evidence for the police to use for an arrest? It's crystal clear.
  • What a bunch of c***s.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    I tweeted it - hopefully Essex Police will retweet 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Just saw this, shocking!!
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 540
    Shared on Facebook. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Shocking ... I bet its stolen to order and is heading out of the UK.

I wonder if anyone showed an interest in it prior to the theft ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    tFB Trader

clarkefan said:
    Wow that has to hurt, hope their insurance covers it. Best of luck getting it back.
    can't get insured for shop lifting - otherwise all/many retailers would look at such options to get rid of old/unwanted stock - Maybe all retailers is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean

There is an exception to this if the item is alarmed and under an approved lock n key - which is okay in say certain jewelers but not in a front of house format - You see some stores with say Belstaff leather jackets with an alarm system that is hooked through a row of jackets via a 'wire'
  • it's a real bastard. These guitars are locked down and a lot of customers give us heat about that! So it's a difficult balance to get right. But these people are professionals and unfortunately, a few bad eggs always ruin it for the others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    That's as 'professional' as it gets, and there's no way they haven't done this before or since.

I wonder if there's CCTV of the car park?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    That's as 'professional' as it gets, and there's no way they haven't done this before or since.

I wonder if there's CCTV of the car park?
    I thought the same about the car park - would seriously help

Won't get better pics than that of the actual culprits
  • Gutted for you @peachguitarsdotcom ; and I'm certain that's nicked to order. Selling a brand new private stock with no case or paperwork is going to prove tricky. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • They didn't park in our car park. We are covered by our insurance company @guitars4you ;

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    revsorg said:
    I tweeted it - hopefully Essex Police will retweet 
    Sounds like the rozzers are already well aware... http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/16083631.Guitar_worth_thousands_of_pounds_is_stolen_from_music_shop/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12643
    Exactly the same modus operandi of a pair I stopped back in the 1990s from taking a Les Paul Custom. The woman was wearing flowing clothing, and inside it was a sown in large pocket big enough to accomodate the guitar body. I spotted what was going on and legged it after them - and we were lucky, we got the guitar back undamaged. The pair escaped, though.

Still sucks
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    The woman in the coat has a distinctly Roma look about her .....the man doesn't.......bet they will feature on previous vt ; they seemed to know exactly where to pick up the big ticket item so they must have been in before to case the joint
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    Exactly the same modus operandi of a pair I stopped back in the 1990s from taking a Les Paul Custom. The woman was wearing flowing clothing, and inside it was a sown in large pocket big enough to accomodate the guitar body. I spotted what was going on and legged it after them - and we were lucky, we got the guitar back undamaged. The pair escaped, though.

Still sucks
    I did get stung on the same format about 30 years ago - Long black leather coat like 'Shaft'
  • Let's hope theirs more CCTV nearby, Maybe they can get hold of a car reg. 
This discussion has been closed.