£11k PRS Private Stock nicked from Peach Guitars - should be tough to shift, keep your eyes open...

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Gutted for you @peachguitarsdotcom ; and I'm certain that's nicked to order. Selling a brand new private stock with no case or paperwork is going to prove tricky. 

My thoughts exactly, although - seeing as we're talking about PRS - it sounds almost like taking the piss.

Of course even if they only sell it for half its value it's pure profit to them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Although I sympathise, I'm surprised that guitars of that value aren't locked up. Needless to say, however, I hope the crooks are caught and pay for their crime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Those pictures could not be any clearer!  Of course it doesn't guarantee anyone will report them.
  • beed84 said:
    Although I sympathise, I'm surprised that guitars of that value aren't locked up. Needless to say, however, I hope the crooks are caught and pay for their crime.
    Read up... It was locked

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    impmann said:
    Exactly the same modus operandi of a pair I stopped back in the 1990s from taking a Les Paul Custom. The woman was wearing flowing clothing, and inside it was a sown in large pocket big enough to accomodate the guitar body. I spotted what was going on and legged it after them - and we were lucky, we got the guitar back undamaged. The pair escaped, though.

Still sucks
    I did get stung on the same format about 30 years ago - Long black leather coat like 'Shaft'
    It was probably the guy that bought the wah pedal later that same day !
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84 said:
    All of our guitars are locked up! Which i hate having to do anyway. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    A guy nicked a 2U rackmount bass head from the shop I work for with just a jacket slung over his shoulder. Very cool and casually done when we saw the CCTV - you wouldn't have thought he could hold up a 20lb+ amp with his elbow like that, but he did. The thief was never caught despite fairly good pictures and that he was clearly experienced at it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

beed84 said:
    All of our guitars are locked up! Which i hate having to do anyway. 
    It's a difficult choice to make, presumably, as you don't want to dissuade people from asking to try things.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Gotta say - that's pretty fucking audacious!  How could they not know they were on CCTV?

I can't imagine there's much of a chance they won't get caught!  Here's hoping, anyway.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • That is very brazen 
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Guitar worth thousands of pounds is stolen from music shop
    Gazette
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    She's looking down and adjusting her hair as she walks in the shop as though she's aware the camera is there.
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Bastards....a similar thing happened at my local guitar shop a year or so ago, guy walked out with the owner's personal Les Paul, again under a long coat. I sincerely hope this pair are caught. I've met John a few times, straight up guy, I wouldn't wish this on him.

• monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    edited March 2018
    Good luck with hunting down both guitar and the perpetrator .

shocking actions.

hope It all works out
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    skinfreak said:
    Wow. I'm gobsmacked. But that must be more than enough evidence for the police to use for an arrest? It's crystal clear.
    Yes , it will be ... when the offenders have been identified which is the purpose of the vid/social media appeal . 

I Sincerely hope they get caught.
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    I’m sure someone did something similar to that some years ago in Theguitarstore in Southampton
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited March 2018
    Pair of Cunts, I hope you get it back John. I've posted this on TGP

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    They didn't park in our car park. We are covered by our insurance company @guitars4you ;

Have you asked your neighbours/local business to check their CCTV to trace their movements to a vehicle?
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Fuckers: Am still very wounded by the theft of my Custom 22 a couple of years ago. Hopefully they'll be caught.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    The balls (well, not her, hopefully) on these fuckers is unreal! Hope you catch them and get your guitar back, John. Shared it on fb! 
This discussion has been closed.