Emanating Fist Electronics - any users?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
Any users of EFE pedals here? Got my eye on the Lucifer Rising fuzz...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Yes...I have the lucifer rising and a black acid.

they are my favourite fuzz pedals...and that’s compared to other DAM, Pigdog, toetags and Castledine fuzzes.
    mthe lucifer is so good I want a back up just in case!

I just posted a short clip on my IG account SketchyFuzzies. 

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    I'd be interested in a Dope Priest. Aren't they all out of production/hard to find though, which is a bit annoying.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    I've had the big box LR, BA and the russian style DP. All great fuzzes for the stoner/doom/psych kind of thing.
    bbill335 said:
    I've had the big box LR, BA and the russian style DP. All great fuzzes for the stoner/doom/psych kind of thing.
    how good is the Black Acid right??

my 2 go to fuzzes are the Black Acid and Lucifer Rising...
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Can’t find a Black Acid anywhere! Guess it’s clone time...
    rico said:
    Can’t find a Black Acid anywhere! Guess it’s clone time...
    not sure where you will find a clone...the black acid itself is a clone of the meathead deluxe, which is a rework of the meathead...which is a clone of the 60's 1 knob fuzz...with more gain, volume and low end

If you can find a meathead deluxe (M27) its very similar to Black Acid...i have both, and find the BA has a little more high mid sizzle over the meathead...but it comes down to that particular pedal, and also your overall rig...mine is pretty dark to start with. 
    @samzadgan I meant a homemade clone...

That is interesting to know, I made a Meathead clone a few weeks ago but it was chopping off too much low end so I changed some capacitor values and now it’s much nicer. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Get a fuzzdog thug kit and mess around with the values of the input/output caps. He does a thug deluxe kit, which has a tone control. 
    bbill335 said:
    Get a fuzzdog thug kit and mess around with the values of the input/output caps. He does a thug deluxe kit, which has a tone control. 
    Yeah that's what I have done pretty much but just the one knob version
    rico said:
    bbill335 said:
    If you used the Black Acid cap values, then you're definitely in the right postcode in terms of sound/feel/response. It's a little different without the bc109s, and the BA's extra controls are useful, but a clone is close enough for rock'n'roll!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Those fuzzdog kits look legit...I’d be interested to see what you think of the deluxe with the additional knobs
    bbill335 said:
    rico said:
    bbill335 said:
    If you used the Black Acid cap values, then you're definitely in the right postcode in terms of sound/feel/response. It's a little different without the bc109s, and the BA's extra controls are useful, but a clone is close enough for rock'n'roll!  =)
    I fucked up the removal of the original caps and ripped out two of the solder pads from the PCB so there is some ad-hoc wiring (schematic helped immensely here!) but it works and I like it. It is quite noisy however...