What's Hot
interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
anyone got any experience of these cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• anyone?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glynesglynes Frets: 131
    Overpriced "boutique" junk. The "NKT275's" they advertise are not the ones that people pay $349.99 for. Oh, but I'm sure the TOAN is good and Jesse is a GREAT guy etc etc.
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    edited March 2018
    glynes said:
    Overpriced "boutique" junk. The "NKT275's" they advertise are not the ones that people pay $349.99 for. Oh, but I'm sure the TOAN is good and Jesse is a GREAT guy etc etc.
    @glynes excellent thanks for the reasoned and well balanced response.   do you froth at the mouth by any chance?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    glynes said:
    @glynes excellent thanks for the reasoned and well balanced response.   do you froth at the mouth by any chance?
    I'm sorry, did I forget to mention? If you weren't aware, the Bette Davis Vintage Fuzz design actually has a special feature where the amount of fuzz is actually reduced when one turns down the guitar's volume knob!
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    edited March 2018
    @glynes ;; i may be on the wrong track here, but are you unhappy in yourself? 

@glynes ;; i may be on the wrong track here, but are you unhappy in yourself? 
    Sometimes it's frustrating being constantly surrounded by idiots, but I'm a lot happier 'in' myself ever since I took up the motto: "no expectations; no disappointment".

I still try to help people as much as I can, because I feel that if I don't, then I'm part of the problem. But if they've already spent the $349.99 on a Fuzz Face clone with bargain-bin transistors, it's out of my control. I wish you all the best in your quest for good tone, Interstellar.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=nkt275&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=M218AY&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=3&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=minifux1&_sop=13&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1
  • couple of points if you dont mind @glynes if one doesnt know what you know is one an idiot?

i was under the impression that it takes far more than a transistor to make a good fuzz and that side of it is all bullshit anyway
    If its "tuned" and sounds real good does it really matter how someone spends their money

but i would take issue with the "dodgy" way Jesse Davies uses the NK275 to infer rare and expensive, there is of course no written indication, but through price one assumes the components are rare

Also this whole argument has been done to death on here...the boooteeek expensive rip offs v the rest...having owned shit loads of pedals both rip offs and the rest i prefer the sound of the rip offs...i then take my money and give to the rip off sales chap and enjoy the pedal

couple of points if you dont mind @glynes if one doesnt know what you know is one an idiot?
    Only if they make two personal attacks after they don't get the answer they wanted
  • good point well made thanks for your comments, i am off to play with my new fuzz
  • Demos look great tell us what it’s like
  • I cant play like this chap but I can get all these sounds no problem, without going into the usual arguments, i personally think it sounds fantastic and am very pleased i spent my money on one