Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    it's a NERF, as in nerf gun.
    Fatherhood and Xmas has him playing shoot em ups with the kids with spongy bullets

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Gunner?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:
    I'm going to hazard a guess, it's some kind of delay, called a Prisoner...
    It’s not that, however I hate this*.... I cannot keep secrets..... it’s a....

*This:
    ... people talking about your products?
    ... the rampant speculation?
    ... having to respond to the great unwashed?
    ... keeping secrets?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:

*This:
    ... keeping secrets?
    Keeping secrets about my products, as soon as they are finished I want to tell everyone...  love the first two on your list. No such thing as the third on your list.....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    fandango said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    m_c said:

*This:
    ... keeping secrets?
    Keeping secrets about my products, as soon as they are finished I want to tell everyone...  love the first two on your list. No such thing as the third on your list.....
    Well ... to follow through in talking about your products ...

That Germanium Veteran is a great pedal. The hard part about having this on my pedalboard is the dreaded suspicion that the Silicon Veteran is a better pedal, despite me not having ever tried one. The 'boost' is as clear/clean as you'd ever want it. And I'm appreciating just how different the fuzz is from overdrive. Fantastic.

Keep up the great work!

Enjoy NAMM .... and California ... and to get you in the mood ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKGUWjHWHA
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    Well ... to follow through in talking about your products ...

That Germanium Veteran is a great pedal. The hard part about having this on my pedalboard is the dreaded suspicion that the Silicon Veteran is a better pedal, despite me not having ever tried one. The 'boost' is as clear/clean as you'd ever want it. And I'm appreciating just how different the fuzz is from overdrive. Fantastic.

Keep up the great work!

Enjoy NAMM .... and California ..
    it’s difficult this one. I don’t think either is inherently better than  the other. The only way I can describe it is like this.

imagine two brothers, one moves to Canada and the other stays in the UK. Both have similar lives.

on a reunion, they are so very similar but they have different accents from each other. Depending on your ears, you’d prefer one or the other or maybe you’d be unable to state a preference and this is where I sit.

for me, I’m loving the silicon at the moment, but sometimes I just need the germanium sound for specific things.... thankfully I have both.

come to the Brum guitar show and try the silicon, you may find you just don’t care enough to worry  after that. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    Here you go.... a very nice demo from mike Herman’s. 

https://youtu.be/2RS_IpouSgQ
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

I'm gonna guess the new pedals are called ... 'fat general' and 'team medic'...

... didn't see the facebook post...honest ...

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296

What do they do?????

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I'm definitely getting the Fat General Compressor 
    tFB Trader

So.... the teasing ends now.

The Fat General is our take on what a compressor should be. It is an evolution of Dan coggins original Otc-201 compressor. With knobs for sustain, blend and treble, it has the ability to squish without destroying your Guitars fundamental sound. There are two modes available, “Juicy” is a compressed signal with a small amount of dry signal blended into it. As the sustain knob increases the dry signal reduces. The “BLEND” mode introduces parallel blending so that you have more dry signal sitting parallel to the compressed signal but remaining full, fat and awesome. Rather than dulling your guitars signal you’ll find the treble control allows you keep and enhance the sparkle from your guitar.

The Team Medic provides 

first aid for your pedalboard.  It is a hybrid pedal, that offers a switchable Class A buffer followed by a powerful three band Active Eq. In eq mode it has loads of clean headroom and clean boost available to fundamentally change your guitar signal or the pedals that precede it. In switched boosted mode it provides an additional 20db of boost on top, enough to clip the cleanest of valve preamps into overdrive. Headroom is provided by a -9v to +9v rail to rail internal 18v power arrangement. It’s final trick is that it provides all of this in a supremely quiet hifi manner.

These two pedals work flawlessly with our preceding pedals and I am over the moon with how they sound, I hope you will be too.

All the best Thorpy. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Great stuff @ThorpyFX!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Congrats Adrian.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Awesome!
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448
    Definitely want the comp! Will probably cave for the other at some point too..
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    ThorpyFX said:
    Here you go.... a very nice demo from mike Herman’s. 

https://youtu.be/2RS_IpouSgQ
    Mike does do great demos of pedals. I still prefer my germanium version methinks. But I never say never ;)

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    ThorpyFX said:

So.... the teasing ends now.

The Fat General is our take on what a compressor should be. It is an evolution of Dan coggins original Otc-201 compressor. With knobs for sustain, blend and treble, it has the ability to squish without destroying your Guitars fundamental sound. There are two modes available, “Juicy” is a compressed signal with a small amount of dry signal blended into it. As the sustain knob increases the dry signal reduces. The “BLEND” mode introduces parallel blending so that you have more dry signal sitting parallel to the compressed signal but remaining full, fat and awesome. Rather than dulling your guitars signal you’ll find the treble control allows you keep and enhance the sparkle from your guitar.

The Team Medic provides 

first aid for your pedalboard.  It is a hybrid pedal, that offers a switchable Class A buffer followed by a powerful three band Active Eq. In eq mode it has loads of clean headroom and clean boost available to fundamentally change your guitar signal or the pedals that precede it. In switched boosted mode it provides an additional 20db of boost on top, enough to clip the cleanest of valve preamps into overdrive. Headroom is provided by a -9v to +9v rail to rail internal 18v power arrangement. It’s final trick is that it provides all of this in a supremely quiet hifi manner.

These two pedals work flawlessly with our preceding pedals and I am over the moon with how they sound, I hope you will be too.

All the best Thorpy. 

Whooooo! I wasn’t far off with the Five star General guess.

A compressor, eh? My Keeley 4 knob might just have to find another home.

Roll on the Birmingham Guitar Show. 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Fat General available for pre order
    who else is in?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    edited March 2018
    @thorpyfx ;- finally got a Veteran and Fallout Cloud incoming today! Thanks for your helpful emails re: the Veteran you sent a month or so back.
    tFB Trader
    @thorpyfx ;- finally got a Veteran and Fallout Cloud incoming today! Thanks for your helpful emails re: the Veteran you sent a month or so back.

Hope you love them, and always happy to help where I can.