GUS GUITARS

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
edited March 2018 in Made in the UK tFB Trader

Went to see Simon of Gus guitars today, is workshop is only about 20 minute drive from me. I went to see his new design bass, this is moving away from his normal construction of carbon fibre. The neck is standard Maple / Rosewood or Maple / Maple, although the neck is a multi-piece Maple laminar. The body is of an all wood construction but keeping his classic chrome tube part way round the body.

One of the new basses part built.

One of Simon's normal guitars (if you can call them that) of carbon fibre construction, I believe this is going to be the Prince version. The black block next to the part built guitar is the mould that the front of the guitar is moulded in. Every part of the guitars that Simon makes he manufactures his self, which includes all the metalwork, he winds his own pickups, the only part of the guitar he does not make are the tuners. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Always thought that he is a seriously talented builder. You’ve just confirmed that. 

It’s fair to say that his aesthetic is not my thing but I feel there is a definite need for builders like Simon, pushing boundaries and moving this whole thing on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    That's bizarre but quite like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited March 2018
    That bass is amazing! I want it and I don’t even play bass...
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    I think I prefer the "standard" Gus design but that's seriously cool. I'll take two, please. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Clearly he is extremely talented and I am surprised he hasn't been poached by a big guitar brand to design for them.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I bring you exclusive surveillance footage from the delivery of the raw materials for the upper balloon animal bout of that bass:

https://bol.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/7628/255345/photo.jpg