Ghost (band)

What's Hot
guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
Really enjoying the vocals on this band, some great harmonies.  Don't be put off by the visuals, they're closer to a classic rock band than anything else.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Funnily enough I had a guitar student earlier who mentioned this band, as we were talking about certain bands who don't show their faces at gigs until they play, trying to create a "mystery" to their fan base so the topic turned to this band who wear the masks and stuff. Interesting sound as from first impressions I expected screamo drop tuned metalcore type riffs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah from seeing the masks I would've guessed they'd sound a lot heavier than they are.
  • Think I've been listening to too much Slipknot haha.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    I’ve been a fan of these for a while, when I first heard them they struck me as Merciful Fate crossed with Blue Oyster Cult
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Met Tobias a few years back in Madrid. Had a good look at the first mask. I was stood next to James Hetfield who was singing every word.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I never know quite what to make of them, the image and lyrics are so dark but the vocals and even the melodies are almost poppy.  I do quite like them though.
    The MySpace tracks and singles still sound great. And the song He Is is incredible. It' a tribute to Selim from The Devils Blood and really sounds like them.
  • I'm a fan, Meliora is a brilliant album start to finish. Really looking forward to the next one, I just wonder how the change of band members will affect it.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I love Meliora. The previous album is certainly heavier, and it sounds like the next one could be too.

I love this song as well.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150

I don't know if this counts but:-

Not sure if it's a cover or not but it's awesome.

:)

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    In my impression of a dope-head taking a deep drag on a roach....  "Wow.. that's some really good shit man!"  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    equalsql said:
    In my impression of a dope-head taking a deep drag on a roach....  "Wow.. that's some really good shit man!"  :)
    ‘Impression’... yeah, right. You’re not fooling us! ;)

This was supposed to be their debut show but they ended up playing in Germany the night before. 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Absolutely love Ghost, saw them live last year and I'd highly recommend going to see them on the next tour.

They've dropped the first single off their new album yesterday as well -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I have to admit I listened to the new song after seeing it listed on Classic Rock Magazine's "Tracks of the Week" feature last week and thought I'd hate it but I actually surprised myself. It's quite cool. It's really not how I imagined it would be based on their image and the cover art etc. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    Have you heard "He Is"? Another great song completely different to what you would expect from their image.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    They really surprised me. When they first came about they were described as death metal (!?) and based on their image i made an assumption. 
    Later actually hearing them, i found i was completely wrong. Lots of great songs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    quarky said:
    Have you heard "He Is"? Another great song completely different to what you would expect from their image.
    It's a tribute to Selim

edited April 2018
    Clips of a couple of new songs.