Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• PhibTreMorPhibTreMor Frets: 4
    edited March 2018

Q1:  My username is made up from letters of my full name, an onomatopoeic anagram

Q2:  I'm living near Stafford, but I first heard music by the seaside near Liverpool, nowhere better.

Q3:  I'd like to play in a fluid band with a few mates for fun and to entertain friends

Q4:  Musicman sixty-five reverb head, the original one with the 12 AX7.

Q5:  The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen (but really there is too much music to choose just one #1)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnwh74johnwh74 Frets: 1
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name and year of birth, nothing exciting I’m afraid 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?   Doncaster, South Yorkshire 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
      To Learn to play a few selected tracks, maybe get adventurous depending if I learn my elbow from my ass

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 
    My Fender Stratocaster 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? 
    Thru and Thru by The Rolling Stones
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BiddlinBiddlin Frets: 8

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I share a legal name with two living cousins, both musicians, about the same age. In 1970 my agent insisted I change my stage name. Across the way there was a plumbing supply with a sign reading "Biddle and Foster." Hence forth I was Biddlin Foster

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

US of A

To keep playing until I'm dead.

2003 Gibson SG Special

In Memory of Elizabeth Reed-Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East

• Jedi42Jedi42 Frets: 5

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name is Ged, so I just fiddled with that...no Starwars connections.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Edinburgh, Scotland.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To ensure that all the knowledge I've gained from playing professionally over 35 years is down in print, video and ebooks so that it can be of use to others (before I either croke it or can't play).

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Eastman Pagelli guitar.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? The next one I write.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? Nickname

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Hampshire 

Understand why x sounds good over y from a theory perspective.

err Strat do love my MinE tune LPM to annoy the haters.  

Californication, structure and non invasive solo.
  • AndyKAndyK Frets: 1
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's my first name and the initial of my surname

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Bournemouth

To keep improving

Gibson Les Paul R0

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Free - Be My Friend live version
  • Hey everyone!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A poster on the wall I saw one day at Cardiff Uni

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Originally from Cardiff but now live in West London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play more gigs/join a local band and just get out and jam more

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Les Paul Junior Special Plus

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Money by Pink Floyd - first song I actually learnt the solo to!

• Hi peoples, been around here in and off fir a while but never posted much. Thought it was about time I did.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I love fuzz and the blues.

Scotland

Don't have one, I just enjoy playing.

Retro toned sessionette 75 with an EV12L.

Son House - John the Revelator.

• Q1: My love of Explorers

Q2: Sunny South Yorkshire

Q3: To be as good as I possibly can be

Q4: Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40

Q5:  'Saviours Never Cry' - Harem Scarem
  • The Witchcrafter comes from my recently setup business where I work repairing guitar pedals or Electric guitar and basses, mainly the electronic parts. I am, 35, originally from Portugal but I've been living in London for almost 3 years now. My main instrument is the bass but I play guitar as well and I would love to live solely on Music, either making it or building the tools for it or assisting others in the process. My bit of gear would be a Wal bass that perhaps one day I will be able to afford it.

Morphine- Buena is the Track!!!

• jbam6714jbam6714 Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from? JB - Jon Bryant, my birth name, AM - Andy Mellor, the name I got on adoption, 67 my birth year

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Mid Cheshire in rainy North West England

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To record meaningful music and to improve to the point where I play gigs.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? USA Fender Strat

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Oh, that's hard... A Woman Like you, Bert Jansch

• Hi All 

Just joined today, via a friend recommendation

To answer the questions :)

Its my name, sadly I couldnt think of anything more original :)

UK, in the north 

Just to be able to play the stuff I enjoy, and STOP buying guitars :dizzy: 

Has to be my Yamaha AXP5-12A Electro Acoustic 12 string, it is effortless to play even by my standards

Probably Once Around the World by It Bites

• rogybivrogybiv Frets: 7

HELLO!

As miss-spelt Boards Of Canada track.

London, UK (but originally from York, so I have a northern soul).

To carry on enjoying myself

Hmmmm, probs my Fender Jag. Love that thing.

That's a tricky one. Probably Everything In Its Right Place by Radiohead... it just sorts me out.

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2304
    Q1: Hi, my name's Tim. User name comes from my best friend when I was 12 and we'd both started playing guitar, trying to combine "Timmy Page" and "Timmy Hendrix".

Q2: Currently residing in Greater Manchester

Q3: As long as I can always be making music and playing guitar, I'll be happy. In a band but life gets in the way increasingly!

Q4: All of my gear was stolen in July 2017. I first discovered The Fretboard through it's classifieds as somewhere to keep a look out for things turning up, but after checking eBay, Gumtree, Facebook, Cash Converters/Generator for 8 months I'm resigned to the fact they'll never turn up.My pride and joy that was stolen was my first "real" electric, an Epiphone Les Paul that I'd modified. I promised myself if anything ever happened to it I'd get the real thing, so... I did!

So to actually answer the question, a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Classic.

Q5: Ohhh. Toughie. For now I'll say Comfortably Numb.

Looking forward to getting involved around here!
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey guys, I'm Keith! I own Essex Recording Studios and have a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing all of the features and details of the various guitars that come through my studio and personal collection: https://www.youtube.com/EssexRecordingStudios

Q1:  Where did your username come from? The site picked it for me when I connected my Twitter account! I own Essex Recording Studios, so that's where it comes from :)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Chelmsford, Essex UK. I'm from America but have lived here for the past 5 years.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To support rising talent in the UK through my recording studio. I want to offer musicians the best instruments, gear and team to get the very best performance for their recordings.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear? This changes frequently, but right now I am in love with my original 1996 USA Jackson Custom Shop aluminium body Roswell Rhoads guitar with crop circle inlays. I'm a huge Jackson fan and have around 20 Jacksons in my collection at any given time!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track? Pantera's "Cemetary Gates" for sure. The guitar solo is just killer! We would blast the Cowboys From Hell album in our car driving around Florida when I was in high school. 

• Hey guys, I'm Keith! I own Essex Recording Studios and have a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing all of the features and details of the various guitars that come through my studio and personal collection: https://www.youtube.com/EssexRecordingStudios

Q1:  Where did your username come from? The site picked it for me when I connected my Twitter account! I own Essex Recording Studios, so that's where it comes from :)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Chelmsford, Essex UK. I'm from America but have lived here for the past 5 years.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To support rising talent in the UK through my recording studio. I want to offer musicians the best instruments, gear and team to get the very best performance for their recordings.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear? This changes frequently, but right now I am in love with my original 1996 USA Jackson Custom Shop aluminium body Roswell Rhoads guitar with crop circle inlays. I'm a huge Jackson fan and have around 20 Jacksons in my collection at any given time!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track? Pantera's "Cemetary Gates" for sure. The guitar solo is just killer! We would blast the Cowboys From Hell album in our car driving around Florida when I was in high school. 

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? A type of split cane fishing rod by Allcocks. Traditional fishing is my other eccentric obsession

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Manchester UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? keep being creative

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Mcguire 52 Tele replica

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? The La's - Son Of A Gun

• Hello!

I’m 28, female and started learning to play 6 months ago. I don’t know anyone who can play the guitar so it’s a completely new world to me, and how exciting is it! At the moment anyone who can get the hang of the guitar is a god to me as it seems so hard, but I look forward to the challenge ahead! I spend many hours a week on an indoor bike (training for an ironman and similar events) watching music DVDs so after always being curious and amazed at the skills of whoever it is I’d be watching I plucked up the courage to start learning myself, and so far I am loving it!!!!  I will probably never contribute to this forum in a meaningful way and only ever ask questions ;-) but I thought I’d introduce myself anyway  :3 

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

As a beginner that’s how I feel about the guitar and music theory ;-)  (but at the same time really excited to learn!). It also happens to be the title of a cracking song, especially the 25 min live version. WOW!!   

Liverpool for the past 10 years

Not expecting to ever take my “playing” outside of my living room! After 10 years in endurance sports I’ve decided I needed a new hobby ;-) So it’s a new challenge for me and gives me something to be excited about. I’d love to simply be able to learn to play some favourite songs and understand the theory of what’s going on and how they are composed. It’s amazing how many free resources there are for beginners to learn! Every time I get something right I can’t take the grin off my face so I’m looking forward to hopefully making more progress with it all soon  :3

Currently I’m choosing any gear based on colour or similar criteria, rather than specs or any other valid reason ;-) So my best bit of gear is an inexpensive Les Paul shaped guitar by ‘Marquee Club’ which has a photo of Jimmy Page on it!!!  :-D  I am totally not obsessed with Jimmy Page ;-) however if someone offered me a move back in time to the early 70s so I could see him live I wouldn’t say no, I’m sure he’d spot me in the crowd and want to marry me ;-) 

My favourite bands have always been the 90s – Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, maybe a bit of Smashing Pumpkins. White Stripes, Tool and SOAD. But as I’ve been getting older I’ve been getting into classic rock a bit more so also love the 1970s music such as Purple/Sabbath and of course the mighty Zep.

Surely it’s impossible to pick just one favourite song, mine’s probably changing every week ;-)  This week I'd go for The Rover  :-D 

• Hi guys, I'm Jake. 23 (as of yesterday). I'm primarily a bass player (an average one), but I started on guitar and just bought a Gretsch G5220 Electromatic Jet (metallic dark cherry, it's lush), so have been getting back into it. I'm a lefty, which can be very irritating.

Q1:  Where did your username come from? Still Young was the name of the first band I was in, it was my uncles band that I joined as the bassist for (I'd only just got my bass at the time). I think we did about 3 gigs, but I still use it as my name for everything (mainly because its better than the band name I was in at college, Fire Exit).

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I am in Gosport, which is in Hampshire (near Portsmouth).

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Just be a relatively decent player, maybe write some stuff, and be in a band one day.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Probably my favourite bit of gear atm is the DOD rubberneck delay pedal I got for my birthday, it sounds great and is a hell of a lot of fun!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Well, this changes like the weather, but my go to fave track is usually Paranoid Android by Radiohead. Fantastic track.