Recorded some stuff for my solo / covers gigs

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
edited March 2018 in Plug My Stuff
Been a busy week, got off my arse and dug out my mic and recorded some tracks to help me get me get solo gigs through the summer. Side effect of getting me back into recording, learning logic (again) and getting some prep work down for some original material I want to work on in the next months...

Anyhow, these are designed to be pretty close (to what I get using a looper and a vox harmony pedal when I do my live thing, just a bit fuller, and in the case of Wish You Were Here a Banjo instead of a radio EQ effect for the intro (don't own a 12 string).

for anyone interested, what's used here is Helix for the Mic Preamp, the new Chrome Reverb, EQ and Compressor from Logic X, everything is recorded through the only mic I have, an SE electronics Z5600 (original one) and mixed (lose use of the term) with headphones. I have no idea what these sound like through speakers, as don't have any!  These were all done one song per night, minimal editing and on the spot harmonies.

Wish you were here
Billie Jean
Spider and the fly
Wicked game
Folsom Prison Blues

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    Great re-working of Billie Jean! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Cheers @IMC1980 - thanks for having a listen :)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    No worries, they were all good, but that one stood out for me. That SE mic had done a nice job on your vocals
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Nice one, I liked wish you were here especially, retained the atmosphere of the original nicely 
    Cheers @dindude. One of my faveorite pink floyd songs, It's an enduring classic. Never fails to get people singing along. Thanks for taking time to listen :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Great work - these are as you'll play them I assume, not backing
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    @Jalapeno they are close. I use a looper for wish you were here (record intro and do the 3 solos over the loop); spider and fly record verse 2 loop for solo. End is the stabs and solo combined.

Wicked Game I loop the chord sequence as an intro and it runs all through the song, leaving me to do lead and riff. 

The harmonies are the real difference as I use the tc helicon. It means it's more limited in scope.

I only use the looper and harmony on a handful of songs.. just to break it up a bit.
  • Sounds very good, and you have a great voice too. Proper job.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited March 2018
    @Jalapeno they are close. I use a looper for wish you were here (record intro and do the 3 solos over the loop); spider and fly record verse 2 loop for solo. End is the stabs and solo combined.

Wicked Game I loop the chord sequence as an intro and it runs all through the song, leaving me to do lead and riff. 

The harmonies are the real difference as I use the tc helicon. It means it's more limited in scope.

I only use the looper and harmony on a handful of songs.. just to break it up a bit.
    Sounds like it'd be really good !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Great work! They sound excellent!