Behringers new Factory

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
Not sure where to put this since they do a bit of everything...  :)

Have you seen this?

Seems pretty incredible.

Following 3 years of work and $100 million of investment, Behringer announced the completion of a major project called the MusicTribe City.

We're looking at a state-of-the-art facility located in China, featuring a 3-million-square-foot smart factory, plus accommodation and recreational space for 3,000 "tribers."

Some of additional facilities within the city include a hospital, supermarket, bakery, laundry service, and more.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 458
    It's interesting to see the changes that Behringer are making to their brand. To go from bargain basement, plastic housed pedals, to the new TC Electronic series isn't a massive difference in price, but the products are undoubtedly that much better for it.

Uli Behringer has been making some pretty big claims about what the company intends to do with it's synth replicas that rely on old designs becoming public domain, and their Minimoog clone has been getting rave reviews. I'm not sure whether that strategy transfers over into guitar products to the same scale, but who knows?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Sounds a bit like Port Sunlight... only with a few more LEDs
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    jpttaylor said:
    It's interesting to see the changes that Behringer are making to their brand. To go from bargain basement, plastic housed pedals, to the new TC Electronic series isn't a massive difference in price, but the products are undoubtedly that much better for it.

Uli Behringer has been making some pretty big claims about what the company intends to do with it's synth replicas that rely on old designs becoming public domain, and their Minimoog clone has been getting rave reviews. I'm not sure whether that strategy transfers over into guitar products to the same scale, but who knows?
    I don't think Behringer care if designs are public domain or patent protected, for years they have just been copying other peoples designs anyway, Mackie 8 bus desk, Apogee AD8000, Line 6 Pod, Tubescreamer , SM58 etc. A product is a lot cheaper to develop when someone else has done the R&D :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2723
    Danny1969 said:
    jpttaylor said:

I don't think Behringer care if designs are public domain or patent protected, for years they have just been copying other peoples designs anyway, Mackie 8 bus desk, Apogee AD8000, Line 6 Pod, Tubescreamer , SM58 etc. A product is a lot cheaper to develop when someone else has done the R&D :)

And the market research........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited March 2018
    Uli Behringer basically wants to control the music equipment market...from the instrument side right through to the actual PA you hear it on.  I pity their competitors as they are building a real head of steam.

Jesus, maybe they are sniffing around Gibson!!

I'm still staggered what you can buy now compared with say the 80's (in real monetary terms adjusted for inflation)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited March 2018
    Reminds me a bit of Skoda who've completely changed their image from cheap, unreliable, low end cars that were the butt of jokes and derision to (following the link up with VW), a massive uplift in quality, design, desireability... and now are hugely well thought of, very successful and winners of umpteen awards. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Voxman said:
    Reminds me a bit of Skoda who've completely changed their image from cheap, unreliable, low end cars that were the butt of jokes and derision to (following the link up with VW), a massive uplift in quality, design, desireability... and now are hugely well thought of, very successful and winners of umpteen awards. 
    Kind of the other way round though, originally Behringer was Swiss design built in a German factory. Old people like me remember their Dolby processors and compressors. The move to mass manufacturing in China to compete on price point at a lower quality came later 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    Seems like the usual Musicradar non article.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited March 2018
    Danny1969 said:
    Voxman said:
    Kind of the other way round though, originally Behringer was Swiss design built in a German factory. Old people like me remember their Dolby processors and compressors. The move to mass manufacturing in China to compete on price point at a lower quality came later 
    Interesting...I'm an oldie too and wasn't aware of the Swiss history you mention.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Uli is a smart guy, it was interesting to read his contributions on a Geatslutz thread about their new (at the time) synths. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    jpttaylor said:
    Except that the old plastic Behringers are more reliable than the TCs...

andyoz said:
    Uli Behringer basically wants to control the music equipment market...from the instrument side right through to the actual PA you hear it on.  I pity their competitors as they are building a real head of steam.

Jesus, maybe they are sniffing around Gibson!!
    They’re probably one of the few players within the musical instrument industry with the finances to take it on. Gibson’s other brands might also be interesting to them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 458
    ICBM said:
    jpttaylor said:
    Except that the old plastic Behringers are more reliable than the TCs...
    More reliable than the Toneprint series garbage for sure, but I think the new Smorgasbord ones are pretty robust - at least I'd hope so, since I've got their excellent DC-2 clone.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    I owe my soul to the company store ........
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    impmann said:
    Sounds a bit like Port Sunlight... only with a few more LEDs
    Interesting. The whole Company Town thing was big in the 19th Century, and makes for interesting reading- I wonder how different this is.

Glassdoor reviews are interesting too- make Gibson look like a wonderful place to work.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959

Glassdoor reviews are interesting too- make Gibson look like a wonderful place to work.
    Wow. That makes them an even better fit than I thought. Gibson employees would at least have some useful experience when dealing with the new CEO.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4722
    Voxman said:
    I've visited their factory museum. Their take on their history is they were consistently innovators until WW2. Then, following their drop into the Soviet world (and being the wrong side of the Cold War) they couldn't access the high quality alloys and parts their designers needed, so they were forced into being agricultural. No longer, of course. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Should call it Behnobyl. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Voxman said:
    I've visited their factory museum. Their take on their history is they were consistently innovators until WW2. Then, following their drop into the Soviet world (and being the wrong side of the Cold War) they couldn't access the high quality alloys and parts their designers needed, so they were forced into being agricultural. No longer, of course. 
    I am on my second Skoda Octavia VRS and it's a beast of a car, solid build, comfortable fast, massive boot, handles like a golf GTI and much cheaper than a VW or Audi. I remember all the jokes about Skoda and Lada when I was younger too and never thought I would have owned one let alone 2 of them, how times change.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Evildurka said:
    Voxman said:
    I am on my second Skoda Octavia VRS and it's a beast of a car, solid build, comfortable fast, massive boot, handles like a golf GTI and much cheaper than a VW or Audi. I remember all the jokes about Skoda and Lada when I was younger too and never thought I would have owned one let alone 2 of them, how times change.
    The Audi will still be the better car though.
    For all the praise the skodas get they still aren't the nicest place to be sat
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.