BIRTHDAY PARTY INVITATION

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    shuikit said:
    I would also be up for this
    :) @shuikit ;
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    Bucket said:
    I believe I could make the weekend... hell of a journey but whatever.
    The tradition @Bucket is that @Legionreturns ; will take a slight diversion from his route to the venue to collect you, and then return you back home afterwards.
    ;)
    My route to this particular venue takes about 4 minutes. I don't intend to extend it on this occasion

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    Remember I'm in! 
    What are the start and end times, as such, so I can plan the drive from Edinburgh?
  • Remember I'm in! 
    What are the start and end times, as such, so I can plan the drive from Edinburgh?
    Nothing concrete yet, but assume the actual jam will kick off at lunchtime on the Saturday, and we'll probably wrap up Sunday by about 4 to give people plenty of time to get home.

Good to know, thank you!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    TTony said:
    @TTony your wagon might be a bit more comfy than mine. Plus travelling on Friday evening is usually a waste of good drinking time. What time on Sat AM were you thinking of travelling and how many guitars are you likely to have room for?
    @Phil_aka_Pip ;

Google tells me that Huddersfield is a 4hr drive.  So, to get there for 1100, we'd need to leave at 0730 and trust that there's a following wind.

The Merc's boot isn't massive, but a couple of cased guitars  should fit somewhere ...

You want me to get to your place in order to leave at 0730? :o
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    edited March 2018
    You want me to get to your place in order to leave at 0730? o
    Given our relative locations, I was thinking of picking you up from your place on a slightly diverted route to Huddy.

Or from the pub if you'd still be there.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5373
    Remember I'm in! 
    Nothing concrete yet, but assume the actual jam will kick off at lunchtime on the Saturday, and we'll probably wrap up Sunday by about 4 to give people plenty of time to get home.

That made me laugh! 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    How could I resist the lure of sunny Huddersfield.  Having missed the last one, I really need to see if Huddersfield lives  down  up to it's reputation.  Both days would be a real treat, especially after the shit-storm that the last year has been.  So count me in, if you would be so kind.

I may even have some sort of workshop contribution to make, if that would be of interest.

Internet access is a bit problematic at the moment, so I'll pick up on this as and when I can.  Thanks for organising this, great idea  :D

• How could I resist the lure of sunny Huddersfield.  Having missed the last one, I really need to see if Huddersfield lives  down  up to it's reputation.  Both days would be a real treat, especially after the shit-storm that the last year has been.  So count me in, if you would be so kind.

I may even have some sort of workshop contribution to make, if that would be of interest.

Internet access is a bit problematic at the moment, so I'll pick up on this as and when I can.  Thanks for organising this, great idea  :D
    This makes me happy :) 

Thanks @Legionreturns ;, It will be good to meet up again  :)

If my car is working OK by then, I'm happy to pick anyone else up on route who may need a lift, space permitting !

Karma, and all that  :)

Reckon if I drive down on Saturday early, can get there for the afternoon.. stay the night.. leave Sunday tea-time and not have to take a day off work. Look forward to hotel details when available. 

Are any other Scottish warriors planning on attending? :lol: 
  • Are any other Scottish warriors planning on attending? :lol: 
    Wasn't there a wall built to stop that sort of shenanigans?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There was a film with a wall like that, it can we some apocalyptic flick :lol: 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Reckon I could make it this .... now to see if I can convince Mrs sticker to let me out for the weekend....
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited March 2018
    Would dearly love to....never met any fretboarders in real life......it would be great to do so......never even spoken to anyone about it. But summer is very busy with the kids and all that (see my waffle the wonder dog thread). Will work on attending something as soon as I can. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Would dearly love to....never met any fretboarders in real life......it would be great to do so......never even spoken to anyone about it. But summer is very busy with the kids and all that (see my waffle the wonder dog thread). Will work on attending something as soon as I can. 
    I'm planning on it atm.. also haven't raised it with wifey and child.. 

But also from North Wales, think your Gwybedd? Sure we could arrange cars and things as there's a couple of us from this way. 
  • LuttiS said:
    I'm planning on it atm.. also haven't raised it with wifey and child.. 

But also from North Wales, think your Gwybedd? Sure we could arrange cars and things as there's a couple of us from this way. 
    Thanks @LuttiS for the kind offer, yes I’m in Gwynedd. Doubt I can go to this one but will keep this in
    mind be for future events
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited April 2018
    sticker said:
    Reckon I could make it this .... now to see if I can convince Mrs sticker to let me out for the weekend....

and she said ....Yes!!!

I will probably be looking at the Saturday (could do both days really but would leave early on the Sunday) am happy bring guitars/bass/percussion/whatever and there may be space for a passenger too , I'll be travelling from Bedfordshire up the A1 .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom