Behringer U Phoria UM2 - Reaper issue

What's Hot
My lad has given me a behringer uphoria UM 2, have download reaper, downloaded the asio4all driver as well, the issue I am getting is I can see the guitar recording in the software and the signal but I am getting no sound through the PCs speakers, I have the Asio driver selected in devices, and am a bit baffled why no sound is coming from the PCs speakers, any help would be much appreciated, thank you, Chris.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I bought one myself as it was cheap, small and seemed like a bargain. I remember running into the same problems and selling it on within a few weeks. There's YouTube videos of people using it with Reaper but I'm buggered if I could get it to work. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    @Flink_ Poyd been watching YouTube videos most of the evening still nothing.
    Chris777 said:
    @Flink_ Poyd been watching YouTube videos most of the evening still nothing.
    Only ones I've seen are Spanish/foreign language 

https://youtu.be/jjs7C_mGMrk 

Thanks for the video @Fink_Ployd, ;will try again today, it was worth a go :) my lad used it when he hosted an Internet radio show, it's paid for itself many times over, he is an actor now so doesn't need it, he has a nice microphone too that MAY also be surplus to requirements.
    Can anyone recommend an interface for a PCs? I guess two inputs would be enough for me to try and record guitar and a microphone, I'll never produce anything near the standard of King Crimson (Starless) but it might be fun trying :)
    edited March 2018
    Chris777 said:
    Thanks for the video @Fink_Ployd, will try again today, it was worth a go my lad used it when he hosted an Internet radio show, it's paid for itself many times over, he is an actor now so doesn't need it, he has a nice microphone too that MAY also be surplus to requirements.
    Can anyone recommend an interface for a PCs? I guess two inputs would be enough for me to try and record guitar and a microphone, I'll never produce anything near the standard of King Crimson (Starless) but it might be fun trying
    Scarlett 2i2 would be your best bet, 2nd hand between £50 and £70. I have one at the the moment for Reaper on Windows but used them on a Mac as well. 

https://youtu.be/ypZqJ_X6dis

Chris777 said:
    Thanks for the video @Fink_Ployd, will try again today, it was worth a go my lad used it when he hosted an Internet radio show, it's paid for itself many times over, he is an actor now so doesn't need it, he has a nice microphone too that MAY also be surplus to requirements.
    Can anyone recommend an interface for a PCs? I guess two inputs would be enough for me to try and record guitar and a microphone, I'll never produce anything near the standard of King Crimson (Starless) but it might be fun trying
    Scarlett 2i2 would be your best bet, 2nd hand between £50 and £70. I have one at the the moment for Reaper on Windows but used them on a Mac as well. 

https://youtu.be/ypZqJ_X6dis

That's great, having a look now thank you :)
    Well I have managed to get it working in a fashion using the asio4all driver, I have the latency down to 46ms which is better than the 185 ms I had before, but the recorded waveform looks on the track to be a lot thinner with less peaks and troughs, so I think I might look for one of the secondhand focusrite interfaces, they seem popular.
    Chris777 said:
    Well I have managed to get it working in a fashion using the asio4all driver, I have the latency down to 46ms which is better than the 185 ms I had before, but the recorded waveform looks on the track to be a lot thinner with less peaks and troughs, so I think I might look for one of the secondhand focusrite interfaces, they seem popular.
    I've just started using the driver for the 2nd gen 2i2 with the first gen hardware as I found out its compatible. Using the 2nd gen driver lowers the latency down to under 10ms but I haven't really tested it yet 

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Chris777 said:
    The size of the waveforms doesn't matter too much. It's generally best to record a signal with small amplitude (e.g. peaks at -18dB to allow lots of headroom then gain stage to increase the signal as needed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom