2018 Running Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm steadily improving, I did 6 miles up the canal yesterday and I'll do parkrun today.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Up to 318k now.

Did another half marathon just for LOLs.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Mudfest of a run with my running group this morning. 11.6 miles.

=560mi/901km
    tFB Trader
    352K for the year so far.

On track for my 1Mm in 2018
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Unbelievable numbers from some! Good work! 

Foot finally feeling better so I’m now up to 10k for the year haha! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Good to hear your foot is better @joneve. Injury can take you out for a while. I had a crap 2017 so know what that's like. 10k for the year is better than 0k. Keep going and progressing
    mcsdan said:
    Good to hear your foot is better @joneve. Injury can take you out for a while. I had a crap 2017 so know what that's like. 10k for the year is better than 0k. Keep going and progressing
    Cheers fella. Going to try and drag myself out of bed in the morning for a short run if I can muster the energy! 
    joneve said:
    mcsdan said:
    Cheers fella. Going to try and drag myself out of bed in the morning for a short run if I can muster the energy! 
    Start back short and easy. It takes a few weeks to build back up. :)
    I really felt the urge to go out this morning, which kind of goes against what I should do as I'm trying to ramp up slowly. So that's 3 days' running on the trot, in which I've done 75% of my normal weekly miles, which I hope I don't pay for.
    tFB Trader
    Tip of the day is don't go running when it's 27 C outside.

Tip of the day is don't go running when it's 27 C outside.

:D 

I ran with the dog on Tues morning and the field was still a bit boggy at the top - so my nice, normally used on roads trainers got a bit caked :( At least they don't look brand new out of the box now! 

Then managed another 5km Wednesday morning. Legs were a bit heavy, but have suffered no (further) ill effects. I'm still having a few issues with my foot, but it's not got worse, as I'm religiously rolling and stretching my tight AF calves before/after and then again every evening. 

Managed to roll my ankle a bit on the uneven field yesterday so high ankle is a little sore today, but might try and run in the morning before cycling into work if it feels better in the morning. Might as well as I need to take the dog out anyway! 

got until 5th August to get enough miles in my legs to do a half marathon after 56 miles on a bike, so I'm going slowly, slowly at the minute in terms of building up my mileage, but 5km/3 miles is better than no miles at all, I figure. 
    I'm switching back to early mornings for my running now. Last week was a heavy week for me, around 30 miles, but i just felt like doing it. I'm going to do 15-20 this week, and see if I can stabilise around 25 a week, which after adding long runs should be enough of a base to get back to doing a sub-2 HM.
    tFB Trader
    I'm signed up for The Great East Run :)
    I'm switching back to early mornings for my running now. Last week was a heavy week for me, around 30 miles, but i just felt like doing it. I'm going to do 15-20 this week, and see if I can stabilise around 25 a week, which after adding long runs should be enough of a base to get back to doing a sub-2 HM.
    sub 2? you'll have no worries with that kind of mileage each week! 
    A hard 6 and a bit yesterday. Our usual route was blocked, and as we were retracing our steps we meet someone coming the other way who showed us a slightly longer way to get around the problem. We were struggling to keep up with him, and he was jogging ffs.

Then today I started running up the canal, and before I knew it I'd gone 3.5 miles and thought I'd better turn back. Tired now.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    Still 4-5 5km runs per week for me although I'm not bothering with tallying up anymore.

It's just good to have turned 48 and be fit as a fiddle.
    Deadman said:
    Still 4-5 5km runs per week for me although I'm not bothering with tallying up anymore.

It's just good to have turned 48 and be fit as a fiddle.
    Good attitude to take! 

I had all intentions of running with the dog this morning (was in my kit and everything!), but proceeding to roll/stretch them out, discovered a massive knot in one of my calves, and didn't have the time to work it out, so didn't want to risk any set backs. 

Just happy to be back running to be honest, got 3 months to build my distance back up to half marathon. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Did a 3.7 mile run this morning. This was for the runner that died in the London Marathon the weekend, Matt Campbell. He had just 3.7 miles to go before he collapsed.  Also made a donation to his charity.  I was a marshal at the marathon and was very hot. Lots of distressed runners. I was just before mile 21 so the point at which many hit the wall. He would have run past me.

I'm in taper atm so cutting mileage and I've tried to listen to my body. Was feeling quite tired so had a very easy week last week with just 10 miles in total across 2 runs. This week I'm back to a normal taper week with approx 50% of normal mileage, so about 35-40 miles. Actually quite hard to reduce the miles down when you're used to running a bit.

Have a half marathon the weekend in Frinton, which I'm coaching a group of club runners and will run with them. Pace will be much slower than normal due to being in taper.

=616 miles / 991km (will go over the 1000km with this evenings run!)
    mcsdan said:
    Did a 3.7 mile run this morning. This was for the runner that died in the London Marathon the weekend, Matt Campbell. He had just 3.7 miles to go before he collapsed.  Also made a donation to his charity.  I was a marshal at the marathon and was very hot. Lots of distressed runners. I was just before mile 21 so the point at which many hit the wall. He would have run past me.

I'm in taper atm so cutting mileage and I've tried to listen to my body. Was feeling quite tired so had a very easy week last week with just 10 miles in total across 2 runs. This week I'm back to a normal taper week with approx 50% of normal mileage, so about 35-40 miles. Actually quite hard to reduce the miles down when you're used to running a bit.

Have a half marathon the weekend in Frinton, which I'm coaching a group of club runners and will run with them. Pace will be much slower than normal due to being in taper.

=616 miles / 991km (will go over the 1000km with this evenings run!)
    I'm hoping to do this on Saturday 
    joneve said:

I'm hoping to do this on Saturday 
    Excellent. Post up once you've done it. Lots doing this over the weekend :)