Ebs patch cables? Dunlop pancakes? Others?

skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
Anyone with any experience of them?

Theyre currently a negligible difference in price. The ebs premium £7 and the dunlops £6.50 each.

Dunlop: https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitar-accessories/patch-cables/jim-dunlop-right-angled-mxr-jack-6-patch-cable

EBS:
https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitar-accessories/patch-cables/ebs-premium-gold-flat-right-angle-jack-patch-cable-10cm

My current patch cables are ok, though they are fenders custom shop tweed jobbies @£14 a pair. I know they get mixed reviews. Sometimes they need wiggling to stop a buzz on occasion. No idea if thats just dust that gets in the pedals though or what.. theyre hardly ever removed but its a dusty bloody room.

They’re right angled ones, but thick and unflexible which is getting to be a nuisance as my board gets tighter. 

My board is this: 
https://i.imgur.com/SJgxszP.jpg

I might need to start feeding patch cables underneath to make it tidier, but as you can see, the holes in the board arent huge. I can get a right angled fender jack through, but I dont know if a pancake style would fit.. 

I’d need 10, and I’m open to suggestions. Not looking to spend much more than around £80 at the mo. No idea if those Ebs are of similar quality to the fenders I’m using, as I wouldnt want to drop in quality also. Build quality and sound quality are of equal importance. 

The reason the Ebs stood out is because of their jacks which can basically be touching back to back, and they also do varying lengths, which I could make use of as my board never gets moved from in front of the amp, and I’m currently using a 1.5 metre lead from end of pedal board to amp, which is way too much for its purpose. 

Before anyone mentions make your own, I’m less than useless. No matter how simple, I would fuck it up guaranteed. 

I’m open to suggestions of people who can make them for me though, but no idea on the cost involved? 

Cheers all! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    There are cheaper versions of those EBS ones (they're still EBS just not "premium"). 

I've got about a dozen of them. I like them a lot because of the low profile, they're way smaller than pancakes. One did go bad on me but I'd happily buy more. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    The Amazon Solderless RayZm system is excellent value for money
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    The ebs ones are currently 4.50 each on Amazon. I just bought five hoping that they’ll help me squeeze an extra pedal on my board!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I've just shifted to the EBS flats; they certainly make the pedalboard tidier.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 905
    edited April 2018
    Those Dunlop ones look like they have cheapo chinese jacks you can pick up really cheap on amazon/ebay, they're probably rebranded cheapo chinese cables - I would avoid.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    The EBS ones are cracking; not had one issue with mine.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I bought 5 of the basic (not gold) EBS patch leads a while back (they were the only ones I could find with flat heads that would work with an old Boss pedalcase). A few months later and two have failed. Not sure why, being moulded plastic there's no way of checking.