New Behringer synths listed on Juno: Neutron, Pro One, UBXa and VCS340

What's Hot
Behringer's 'cloning' still doesn't sit right with me, but if the price is right it'll be difficult to resist some of these.

I bet Moog are shitting themselves.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    edited April 2018
    VCS340? 

Imagine my disappointment when this turned out to be a clone of the Roland VP-330 Vocoder and not of the Electronic Music Studios "Putney". 
    Be seeing you.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I love what Behringer are doing: new synths, clones of dead and obscenely expensive collectors’ synths, it’s all good.

I just don’t know which one to get.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    edited April 2018
    Might have to get rid of some of my eurorack to fund this 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    VCS340? 

Imagine my disappointment when this turned out to be a clone of the Roland VP-330 Vocoder and not of the Electronic Music Studios "Putney". 
    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/12/13/behringer-teases-arp-2600-wasp-synthi-clones/

A Synthi may be in the pipeline...
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited April 2018
    OK, the UBX has me interested.  I had no idea Uli was this mad about synths... https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?p=13057897

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Dodge said:
    Behringer's 'cloning' still doesn't sit right with me, but if the price is right it'll be difficult to resist some of these.

Not like anyone's ever cloned a Strad, D28, strat, les paul, Steinway etc? 

Most of these synths are built on much more similar conceptual building blocks than the classic electric guitars so a bit of cloning is fine by me. It's also easier to sell a "clone" than a similar no name design. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Dodge said:

Not like anyone's ever cloned a Strad, D28, strat, les paul, Steinway etc? 
    Yes, and as a result Martin had to create Sigma, Fender Squier and Gibson Epiphone, all because the clones were cheaper and of decent quality.

Korg will be concerned less, but Moog stuff is already overpriced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    VCS340? 

Well that saved me a few mouse clicks. Thanks.
    Yep, I did almost do a little wee of excitement when i saw VCS340
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    So long as the old products are no longer being produced and they aren't stealing the actual designs, then it could almost be viewed as providing a service.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    My take on it is that Moog are an aspirational brand, many folk will start with a cheap synth who later on go on to buy a Moog so it may in fact increase Moog's sales. More synth players = more Moogs sold.
    Personally I will probably buy a Neutron when they come out but I'm not really interested in their knock-offs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    wave100 said:
    My take on it is that Moog are an aspirational brand, many folk will start with a cheap synth who later on go on to buy a Moog so it may in fact increase Moog's sales. More synth players = more Moogs sold.
    Personally I will probably buy a Neutron when they come out but I'm not really interested in their knock-offs.

The EMS VCS3 and AKS are aspirational synths for me. As they haven't been made for decades and I cannot hope to buy an original, a knock-off would be great, thanks very much!
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    dogload said:
    wave100 said:

The EMS VCS3 and AKS are aspirational synths for me. As they haven't been made for decades and I cannot hope to buy an original, a knock-off would be great, thanks very much!
    Have you tried the IOS VCS3?
    wave100 said:
    dogload said:
    wave100 said:

Have you tried the IOS VCS3?
    I haven't - but I don't have any Apple stuff.

I've got a couple of VSTi 'emulations' - the XILS one and The Putney - but they don't compare to the real things. And then there's the whole tactile experience of a VCS.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    dogload said:
     And then there's the whole tactile experience of a VCS.
    Yes...  unreliability and sounds that are variable according to temperature, light and humidity! ;-)

Tbh, nothing is going to compare to the ability to tweak stuff on the fly vs moving a mouse to adjust the visual representation of the modelled pot/encoder/switch/jumper.

I doubt if Moog are "shitting themselves", as from my experience they attract a legion of fans not because of 'signature sounds' but because they are almost infinitely tweakable to create stuff that is your own. Yes, you can get other gear that does roughly what a Moog does (or even the Moogerfooger stuff) but nothing sounds *quite* like the real thing.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Just ordered the model D. This is a fab line, not sure of the ethics, but I'd never buy a real Model D Moog due to cost, so Moog not really missing out on my cash.

Will be a couple of months before it's in stock, but can't wait.
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Just ordered the model D. This is a fab line, not sure of the ethics, but I'd never buy a real Model D Moog due to cost, so Moog not really missing out on my cash.

Apparently they have 10 000 orders to complete . That's 20000 sold in just a few months . Pretty good going. Hopefully at Superbooth they have a few surprises 
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 458

In the meantime, if you've got an iPad/iPhone, Moog released a polyphonic Model D app a couple of weeks ago with a reduced price of £5 - I think it's still at that price, but not entirely sure.

I'm torn between the Model D and the Neutron. The graphics might be ugly as sin, but it sounds huge.