ORIGIN FX...OVERDRIVE

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Anyone know when the Mooer version is out?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • that J Leonard J is quite probably the single most annoying person i have come across for some time....the fact that Origin used him makes me not want to buy the pedal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    Lance Keltner’s demo.   Sounds (more than) good to me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=460s&v=7wtPl2DuXMM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    Agreed. I want one. Totally doesn’t fit my set up so won’t... but I want it. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    that J Leonard J is quite probably the single most annoying person i have come across for some time....the fact that Origin used him makes me not want to buy the pedal
    Clearly a good player but clearly reading his notes
    I’m starting to want one too. I had thought about going the pre amp route a la Kingsley with the constable in the fx loop hitting the 6l6 power tubes; just how Marshally that will sound is unknown to me. 
    Fine tuning the pedal to the amp’s input might help a little although I can’t see my redplate helping matters much. 
  • lukedlb said:
    that J Leonard J is quite probably the single most annoying person i have come across for some time....the fact that Origin used him makes me not want to buy the pedal
    Clearly a good player but clearly reading his notes
    and clearly immensely irritating :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    Origin have published a series of instruction videos explaining more of it’s  unique features.

part one below;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLdLCxh5eaK9aSOxGBfXdv_8DZ4rpodLo3&v=5QVJjK3Ydk8
    It’s getting more and more appealing. 
    I really need a good look at the manual before I buy. The videos are good though. But can it really work as a pre amp? I just assumed that valves are what's needed for preamps. I can't deny how good it sounds in the demo with a power amp.
    More importantly, I need to hear how it handles a fuzz face hitting the pedal. If the Cali76 is anything to go by, it should be fine; it's the first compressor I've had that can handle the full blast of a fuzz face without cutting it down to size.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    We really are spoiled for high-quality ODs at the moment, especially Marshally types.

Seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w46X5qZ4Hc

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited April 2018

This still intrigues me and would sit great next to my big box Cali76 TXP but at the moment I'm pretty satisfied with my dirt and have no need to go back down the rabbit hole.

When it comes to price the £469 may seem really steep for an overdrive, but putting in to reality on a forum where people would spend £450 for a used pedal with stamped DIY graphics housing 2 Blues Breaker circuits with slight tweaks it seems a pretty good deal considering all that's gone in to it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I haven't pulled the trigger either.

My Weehbo pedals are such amazing, spot-on Marshall tone boxes - and the Revival seems to lean heavily towards that sort of sound. I'm not sure I want the expense.

This may change of course.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I was looking at these again today and think I’d have preferred a single pedal version - at a lower cost obviously.   Perhaps with the extra foot switch adding a boost function.   It sounds great but does more than I’d need. 

Anyone got theirs yet? Any sign of a manual?
    im very interested to know how it handles fuzz. 
  • 10 days (ish) till guaranteed stock in UK apparently
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So, the big question is if this is a digital pedal or not. Nothing in the manual states this except compliance to digital device safety. 
    All-analog components, according to the manual. I don't think DSP is their thing